• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Rain obs Monday/Tuesday, April 7-8, 2014

famartin

We had a little light rain earlier, but now, looking at the radar...it looks like the parting of the Red Sea....a gigantic gap.

I just put some seed down hoping for a good soaking.

Will he "Ray-obs-thread-starting" curse continue in April?

The curse benefits south Jersey and curses the NW burbs ;)

So, you are admitting it!    And yes, the "curse" was definitely in reference to my area.   But unless something radically changes, our 1" of QPF will turn into .1"...or maybe .01"....

There have been hints at the dry slot, the GFS in particular last night showed one, I think.  I don't think it'll be that drastic, there's still plenty of time.  However, 1" amounts may be hard to come by.

There have been hints at the dry slot, the GFS in particular last night showed one, I think.  I don't think it'll be that drastic, there's still plenty of time.  However, 1" amounts may be hard to come by.

If it's enough to get the seed good and wet that is fine   -- probably 1/3" would do, given the current ground moisture.

Of course, nobody (but you!) has been following the models on this one....so thanks for the info.

For Andy, who put fertilizer down, it could be a disappointment if he doesn't get 1/2"

Archived