SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer 2014 Banter

Carvers Gap

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn was a tale of two halves today.I'm annoyed though of looking at some of the teams schedules..FSU has a cheese cake schedule compared to Auburn.Auburn and Alabama could both go into the last game undefeated and one of the two teams will more than likely be left out.As for Auburn we play 7 top 25 teams,not sure what to think but i think Auburn is the real deal and even better than last season,we'll see.

Auburn was a tale of two halves today.I'm annoyed though of looking at some of the teams schedules..FSU has a cheese cake schedule compared to Auburn.Auburn and Alabama could both go into the last game undefeated and one of the two teams will more than likely be left out.As for Auburn we play 7 top 25 teams,not sure what to think but i think Auburn is the real deal and even better than last season,we'll see.

Can't believe you did not say "crab" cake!!!!

I just wanted to say howdy to our valley friends that are/will be trickling back to the sub-forum as we're moving into fall.  Last winter was a blast around here and I have high hopes for the upcoming one.  It sure was a nice summer.  I only recall about 4, what I call, really sweltering hot and humid days in east TN.  Rain seemed to always come at just the right time (if you got lucky with the afternoon pop-ups).  Maybe we can keep "good" weather going right on into fall and winter.

Cheers!

UT game atmosphere was electric and thanks to the pregame rain......was pleasant weather wise too!

Agree and not so sure...when it started to sprinkle again in the late 3rd quarter I put a poncho on. Didn't take long to generate my own ecosystem under that plastic!  :D It was a great game and the best opening day crowd I've seen since the Cal game in 2007.

Nice graphic shared by MRX today on FB....

I know this has a topic of it's own but the first thing that occurs to me is how large FFC's area is when you look at the population and how different the northern parts of the area differ from the southern sections.  It's almost two different climates and it becomes ever more evident imo in the winter months. The FFC area literally looks like a western US office where you have little population and a large area. The second thing I notice is a Tornado warning was issued in Southern California?

Well, Go Big Orange!!! And let's hope it stays cool tomorrow.  Last week, sat in the dry and watched a great game.  Blue collar at times, but certainly bigger and faster.  Ways to go.  But heading in the right direction.  Oklahoma...don't want to think about that in one week. 

Pretty muggy in the sunshine yesterday but still an enjoyable game! Arkansas State, while from a "lesser" conference had won that conference 3 straight years. The Vols would have struggled to beat both Utah State and Arky State during the previous 3 years. This year they took care of business. Does this make them ready for the big time? Not even close...but they're progressing.

Overall team speed, athleticism and tackling ability are markedly improved. Worley continues to impress me. The O-line continues to worry me. Oklahoma continues to scare me.   ;)  Current line is OK by 21. I'm surprised as I was expecting 24 to 30. I still think the Vols are 6-6 team given the brutality of their overall schedule. Can't believe the next home game is October 4th!

Also, big Kudos to the Hokies of Virginia Tech for putting a loss on THE Ohio State University in the Horseshoe on Saturday. Great win for VT!

I still can't believe the Hokies won last night! Normally we blow the lead and choke it away in big games. This is the biggest win for Tech in a long time and certainly ranks up there with any of them. After a few down years it looks like we are slowly coming back. Michael Brewer has really impressed me and was/is a good pickup. He is already better than Logan Thomas was in his whole time at Tech. Michael just looks so composed and confident in the pocket and makes the right plays. He did have 2 INT's and a fumble but he bounced back each time and redeemed himself. Next opponent is East Carolina which is not a pushover. They have upset us before and it would not surprise me if they did it again. The Big Ten took a big hit yesterday and the week before(Wisconsin).

I'm really getting excited now for the Battle at Bristol matchup in a few years with UT! I'm not a fan of UT but hopefully both teams will be very good and ranked by the time 2016 rolls around.

I have a friend in Alberta, Canada reporting snow right now....  Winter is coming my friends....

And the masses say "AMEN!"  :snowing:

Welcome to our side of the forum, MariettaWx! One of my very best friends lives in Marietta and teaches in the Atlanta school system. He's from NE TN originally. Great to have you posting in the TN Valley section!

Pretty muggy in the sunshine yesterday but still an enjoyable game! Arkansas State, while from a "lesser" conference had won that conference 3 straight years. The Vols would have struggled to beat both Utah State and Arky State during the previous 3 years. This year they took care of business. Does this make them ready for the big time? Not even close...but they're progressing.

Overall team speed, athleticism and tackling ability are markedly improved. Worley continues to impress me. The O-line continues to worry me. Oklahoma continues to scare me.   ;)  Current line is OK by 21. I'm surprised as I was expecting 24 to 30. I still think the Vols are 6-6 team given the brutality of their overall schedule. Can't believe the next home game is October 4th!

Also, big Kudos to the Hokies of Virginia Tech for putting a loss on THE Ohio State University in the Horseshoe on Saturday. Great win for VT!

Looking forward to a nice cool down and a big game weekend.  While I certainly feel the Big Orange can keep it close, this is a stiff test.  Would be nice to see the Vols steal one...would accelerate the rebuild.  Missed the Ark St game.  I hate noon starts.  Will catch a few SEC games.  Likely Florida and Alabama. 

Looking forward to a nice cool down and a big game weekend.  While I certainly feel the Big Orange can keep it close, this is a stiff test.  Would be nice to see the Vols steal one...would accelerate the rebuild.  Missed the Ark St game.  I hate noon starts.  Will catch a few SEC games.  Likely Florida and Alabama. 

I hear you on the noon starts! I'm not a fan of those anymore either. Last Saturday was even worse because the wife and I attended a concert at the TN Theater on Friday night. Just don't recover from those late night events like I used to! This getting older thing sucks! LOL

I'd love to see the Vols pull the upset Saturday night but with their VERY inexperienced offensive line and the Sooners' VERY experienced defensive line, I think they'll be lucky just to get out of Norman with Worley in one piece. I think it'll be something to the tune of OK 38 UT 21. I hope. I truly would not be shocked if it were close or a blowout. It's just where the Vols are right now. At least they have an open date afterward to recover and prepare best they can for Georgia. And that's a whole other problem because Gurley is a beast! 

I hear you on the noon starts! I'm not a fan of those anymore either. Last Saturday was even worse because the wife and I attended a concert at the TN Theater on Friday night. Just don't recover from those late night events like I used to! This getting older thing sucks! LOL

I'd love to see the Vols pull the upset Saturday night but with their VERY inexperienced offensive line and the Sooners' VERY experienced defensive line, I think they'll be lucky just to get out of Norman with Worley in one piece. I think it'll be something to the tune of OK 38 UT 21. I hope. I truly would not be shocked if it were close or a blowout. It's just where the Vols are right now. At least they have an open date afterward to recover and prepare best they can for Georgia. And that's a whole other problem because Gurley is a beast! 

It's gonna be a Gurley Worley Zippity Zap!

weRsHRB.jpg

I will never forget Opal, I was living in Marietta at the time : It was a very scary night....  For an inland Hurricane we got obliterated by her. Sustained winds of 60 with gusts to 79 for hours..

The peak rainfall in Georgia was 8.66 inches (220 mm) in Marietta, 8.08 inches (205 mm) in Peachtree City and 7.17 in (182 mm) in west Atlanta. Southern Georgia only reported 1–3 inches (25–76 mm) of rain, while the northern part of the state reached about 5–7 inches (130–180 mm). The peak wind gust in Georgia was a 79 mph (127 km/h) gust in Marietta, a 70 mph (113 km/h) gust in Columbus, and a 56 mph (90 km/h) gust in the Atlanta-Hartsfield area

Archived