Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Big rain this weekend (March 29th-30th 2014) disco/obs

famartin

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually excited to see it pour. The roads need a good gully washer or two, along with some serious pot hole repair crews. I have driven around NJ, PA, NY, CT, VT, NH and MA quite a bit during the last few months and the damage was consistent throughout. I will say the northern states absolutely had a lot more frost heaves which always make for a wild ride when they are not marked.

Bring on the rain!

Winter is officially over.

:thumbsup:

We had 0.17" in the gauge for yesterday. As for the flood potential, I suppose some of it depends on how hard it falls in what amount of time, but FF guidance for here appears to be over 2.25", so we may not have it so bad. We are about 98% snow free now, with the only snowcover left from the winter being on north facing mountain slopes.

looks like a bust in the making for NW NJ.

Only 0.12 inches. 18 z NAM backed off the rain big time.

Radar trends indicate maybe max 2 inches. were showing 4 inches or more in prior runs.

Going to send out a blast e-mail that you can still drive your car late tonight and not be scared of water ponding on the roadway. No need to check on the elderly unless they live near a creek

Temp 42F.

Best

The title of this thread made me think of katodog...

I'll have to upgrade my rain gauge from a coffee can to make meaningful observations for rainfall.

Started around 9 this morning, off and on (mostly on) since then, a little over 0.75" in the can so far.

Temperature 45F.

Dude, spend 400 dollars and buy a station.

I am going big time soon with 1500 station.

Nothing is better than proving noaa wrong that you got more rain etc.

Plus my wife is amused by my hobby

Dude, spend 400 dollars and buy a station.

I am going big time soon with 1500 station.

Nothing is better than proving noaa wrong that you got more rain etc.

Plus my wife is amused by my hobby

So is mine (not yet married actually), she gave me one as a present but it doesn't have the rain gauge. She's more than amused, she helped with the snow pile, etc., during the winter and enjoys it. Awesome!

So, yes, I'll have to do something about a rain gauge.

Who makes this 1500 station you're speaking of?

Upright nails did not stop this Red-Tailed hawk

Sweet!

I'll have to upgrade my rain gauge from a coffee can to make meaningful observations for rainfall.

I think my station was around $330 with the mount.  Well, around $500 including the software.  I don't know what I would do without it.  lol

Archived