Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very nice improvements on 18z so far...

In what way exactly do you think the models have improved? I'm not arguing with you, I'm just asking you to back up your statement with reasoning. Are these the models we were just talking about or are these new models just being released? B/c according to a lot of posts the latest models seem to have been a disappointment for snow lovers. Keep in mind this would be like Wednesday for the other storms so there's plenty of time for more trends to take place.

In what way exactly do you think the models have improved? I'm not arguing with you, I'm just asking you to back up your statement with reasoning. Are these the models we were just talking about or are these new models just being released? B/c according to a lot of posts the latest models seem to have been a disappointment for snow lovers. Keep in mind this would be like Wednesday for the other storms so there's plenty of time for more trends to take place.

18z GFS running now

higher hgts along the coast…pac sw was slower…energy was more consolidated

About a 50 mile NW shift with the precip shield over the Carolinas and Virginia and off shore the Carolinas and Virginia, but not much real change up here with the precip shield.  I will take that shift though as being something good.  Interestingly, there is about a 50 mile shift west with the precip chield to our north near Maine as well.  This is all good.

When comparing model runs, you can't just compare the changes in the MSLP charts. Most of the changes people are talking about are at 500mb which, if keeps up, will lead to changes at the surface. 

That's why all model sites should follow the PSU lead and have the two panels side by side in one frame.

What the gfs shows is how little changes can really affect things in the big picture. It's much stronger this run and it's further to the west for sure. Changes aloft are more important than the surface right now. 

Once again the changes in the 500mb might have been better. But it was not further west. I had both the 12z and 18z pulled up, it was almost exactly the same. Only 18z was much stronger from the start.

Once again the changes in the 500mb might have been better. But it was not further west. I had both the 12z and 18z pulled up, it was almost exactly the same. Only 18z was much stronger from the start.

It's not tucked in enough near the SE Coast early on so it escapes too far east.

Looking at 500mb at 96 hours and the surface, if the GFS idea of that setup was right, I don't know how the hell that low could ever take a track that far east from 96-108, that thing would come inside the benchmark

Right-rear quad of 250mb Jet streak and 500mb vortmax pass SE of the BM. The slp make sense to me.:

2mgli07.jpg

2v0opp0.jpg

Archived