• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 25-26 storm potential

Mitchel Volk

Here we go again, the models are hinting at another possibility of a snow event. The jet will become active, but will they phase up like the ECMWF ENS or stay split like the GFS. The both hint at a possibility of snow in the Tri-state. Being what has happened for more they a month now we are all very skeptical. But it still needs to be watch and who know maybe 60+ pages! it still will be fun and educational to watch.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go again, the models are hinting at another possibility of a snow event. The jet will become active, but will they phase up like the ECMWF ENS or stay split like the GFS. The both hint at a possibility of snow in the Tri-state. Being what has happened for more they a month now we are all very skeptical. But it still needs to be watch and who know maybe 60+ pages! it still will be fun and educational to watch.

Mitchell volk take cover, sickman is head hunting the next person with a bazooka who starts a thread for a storm 7+ days out :lol:

Well I see it from both sides. For one, storm threats more than 3 days away seem like months away. But also, if we kept getting lucky with storms, I'm sure no one would have any problems with these types of threads being started 7 or even 10 days out

Sent from my iPhone

You gotta be kidding me..

I know theres another storm on the radar but...

Just another storm thread to argue and bicker about.. its north its south its wet its dry...

Ahhhhh epic facepalm.. LOL

Ok ok.. 18" or bust ! Lets Gooooo ! Bring it on . Winters not over yet. I still say the Ole' mans got one left !

I don't think the two storms will get to the pacific coast until Sunday night, so models will probably be all over the place until then. But if the models are still printing out a significant snow event for the bulk of us, then I would get excited (maybe). But right now this is nothing more than a threat and we have to wait until the system comes onshore to get more accurate data. BTW, when was the threat for the last storm started? I'm not even sure if it was this far out. But I can almost promise that another polar plunge will arrive early next week, and we may potentially get back to a pattern similar to what we saw earlier this winter, the part that most folks on this board liked, including myself. Just something to keep an eye on...

This thread is meant to be education and fun, it will most likely be our last chance or close to that for any snow. I know the odds are still low, but the ECMWF has been hinting at this for a few days now, so let's keep it professional and set a good example of a quality news group and a quality discussion. It does give us soothing to chew on so just enjoy and if it does not happen, we can look forward to the next season to talk about. Do not let it get to you it just a snow event not something that is really life changing.

This thread is meant to be education and fun, it will most likely be our last chance or close to that for any snow. I know the odds are still low, but the ECMWF has been hinting at this for a few days now, so let's keep it professional and set a good example of a quality news group and a quality discussion. It does give us soothing to chew on so just enjoy and if it does not happen, we can look forward to the next season to talk about. Do not let it get to you it just a snow event not something that is really life changing.

The odds are heck of a lot higher than if the Euro was showing sunny and 65.

Do you know how to follow rules ? I for one was  glad when the moderator Sickman stepped up to the plate and was trying to get some control of this forum - why are you trying to test his authority here ?

Do you know how to follow rules ? I for one was glad when the moderator Sickman stepped up to the plate and was trying to get some control of this forum - why are you trying to test his authority here ?

Hurray you. Absolutely, let's continue the intelligent conversation in the banter thread instead. That's working out great.

Omg, people here argue for everything.. if you dont want to read anything until friday, just dont open the thread and thats it. Wow.

The problem you guys have isn't the starting of the thread...it's the immediate starting of the play-by-play for every single model run once the thread is started.

Geez, at least in the NE subforum, posters actually wait until the models have run far enough out to show the storm before commenting on the output.

Nobody cares about possible mid 40 and partly cloudy conditions with a 30% chance of rain showers.

This is the one if there is one more this year. Let's discuss like adult weenies please.

I agree with you, but I had to laugh. And what fun would that be?

oxymoron:  a combination of words that have opposite or very different meanings

Archived