joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my radar is showing a hole around kingston at least until midnight....i hope it fills in..anybody else seeing this....cliff jumpers beware..

Yeah I saw that also. Was snowing an hour ago now lightened up a lot with 1/2" down. Getting a little worried. Hope the bands to the east come in soon. I think the NAM had this though.

Precip hitting a wall in W CT. Not liking the trend so far. From many years of experience, storms that start off slow, then taper down, rarely meet expectations. That being said, the evolution of the storm itself so far is what we would want. Hope it's not one of those situations where the meteorology was good but the weather didn't cooperate......

Everyone in this thread should be worried about that precip extension dying off...the HRRR looks like it's pretty close to recent soundings

At the end of the day, it's just snow, it'll compact and then it will melt. And then it will be spring.  :frostymelt:

Seriously though, the current radar looks a lot like what the GFS and RGEM were depicting. Seems to be hitting a brick wall at the CT border. Might be on the verge of an epic model fail. Hopefully I'm wrong.

At the end of the day, it's just snow, it'll compact and then it will melt. And then it will be spring.  :frostymelt:

Seriously though, the current radar looks a lot like what the GFS and RGEM were depicting. Seems to be hitting a brick wall at the CT border. Might be on the verge of an epic model fail. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Yeah the best mid-level forcing is definitely still further east in new england. Once this starts to wrap up should see precip fill in overhead as fgen forcing increases aloft.. maybe not to the degree the euro/nam depicted though.

Everyone in this thread should be worried about that precip extension dying off...the HRRR looks like it's pretty close to recent soundings

i thought you said stay calm,,,Im unbuckling my cliff suit ,,,,mass suicides at 10 on channel 5 ...cliff jumpers galore...epic forecast fail...lol...cant make this stuff up,,wheres my swim trunks?

Yeah the best mid-level forcing is definitely still further east in new england. Once this starts to wrap up should see precip fill in overhead as fgen forcing increases aloft.. maybe not to the degree the euro/nam depicted though.

I think there may be some signs of that starting now. I realize it's a different setup, but I think the Nemo storm kind of scarred me in that there were these death bands that looked like they wanted to move towards us but instead just sat there and rotted. I think we ended up with a foot, but 30 miles away had almost triple that. 

I think there may be some signs of that starting now. I realize it's a different setup, but I think the Nemo storm kind of scarred me in that there were these death bands that looked like they wanted to move towards us but instead just sat there and rotted. I think we ended up with a foot, but 30 miles away had almost triple that.

Keeping my faith in the euro solution.

With the latest NAM run joining the east trend, I am just about done with this snow event. Ill enjoy the few inches. Lucky are those just to our east, another just miss here in the HV. Before moving here, I never realized the HV was such a place to be teased during winter storms. Euro is certainly no king. For those of you south and east of this stupid snowhole called Poughkeepsie, congrats and enjoy. I am looking forward to Spring. Sorry for the downer, but I just need to vent.

Archived