Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Patrick

Hey Matt... if you're on here... this fire weather is no joke... saw the fire burning from my mountaintop early this week in Vernon... looks like I was looking toward your neighborhood.  Heard the copters dropping water early in the morning....

Hey Matt... if you're on here... this fire weather is no joke... saw the fire burning from my mountaintop early this week in Vernon... looks like I was looking toward your neighborhood.  Heard the copters dropping water early in the morning.... 

I hope everyone stays safe.  The wind is really whipping out there today so if any fires get going I'm thinking that they will be rapid movers, thus the warning today.

In other news, today could be the last day that I see any snow on the ground until next season, there's just a small patch left on the tubing hill in the park. 

The fire was to far from where I am located. Not to far from many people I guess.

From my understanding was it off Breakneck road down on some trails. Not sure how it started.

I saw the helicopters myself and the flames etc. Park service was taking water out of Highland Lakes.

Best

4:18 pm:

Q3jMPtl.jpg

4:48 pm:

m4eW3Fc.jpg

Was watching pulsing towers all afternoon, but this one had that certain look to it that suggested it would be worth keeping a close eye on. Watched it go from an agitated fair weather cumulus to a pileus-capped cumulonimbus and then to a shelf cloud-veiled downpour.

Anywhere else in the country you would call that a garden-variety thundershower, but as far as I'm concerned it was a pretty successful day of wx-watching!

• 2 weeks later...

Where is everybody?  Mmmm today is so nice out there!  Sunday was pretty good too  :sun:  

Hoping the incoming wetness isn't too significant and next week warms up and really dries out finally.  NY state NICA finals are up in the Catskills, Round Top, on 6/1 and it sure would be nice for the kids to have one dry race this season.  My daughter is currently ranked #! in the state for freshman/sophomore girls!!

Where is everybody?  Mmmm today is so nice out there!  Sunday was pretty good too  :sun:

Hoping the incoming wetness isn't too significant and next week warms up and really dries out finally.  NY state NICA finals are up in the Catskills, Round Top, on 6/1 and it sure would be nice for the kids to have one dry race this season.  My daughter is currently ranked #! in the state for freshman/sophomore girls!!

Congrats to you both! Hope the weather cooperates.

Agree that today is a real winner, and with getting the gardens, lawn, pool, etc. up and running, I tend to forget about the existence of this board for days at a time... lol.

Thanks guys.

Yeah I know, just want to make sure everyone is well. This was one of those special winters and after all these years I feel like I know some of you that much better.

Yeah, I feel the same way.  In some ways its kinda of like we all went home from college for the summer only to return again in the fall :drunk:

Archived