ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, not our storm. My son is up at Oswego, anything but meh up there.

Active night up there in deed.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BUFFALO NY

152 PM EDT WED MAR 12 2014

NYZ006-130300-

/O.CON.KBUF.BZ.W.0002.000000T0000Z-140313T1200Z/

OSWEGO-

INCLUDING THE CITY OF...OSWEGO

152 PM EDT WED MAR 12 2014

...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM EDT THURSDAY...

* LOCATIONS...OSWEGO COUNTY.

* TIMING...THROUGH EARLY THURSDAY MORNING.

* HAZARDS...BLIZZARD CONDITIONS THIS AFTERNOON AND INTO TONIGHT.

* ACCUMULATIONS...3 TO 6 INCHES THIS AFTERNOON...4 TO 8 INCHES

TONIGHT...AND AN INCH OR LESS EARLY THURSDAY MORNING...LEADING

TO STORM TOTALS OF 14 TO 18 INCHES.

* WINDS...NORTH 20 TO 30 MPH...WITH GUSTS TO 45 TO 50 MPH.

* VISIBILITIES...NEAR ZERO AT TIMES.

6.5" still of snowpack this morning.  That said, there is a growing bare spot under a tree that is on a south facing slope.  It will be interesting to see whats left tomorrow morning.

I was over your way this afternoon. My daughter might be buying a house off of Lagrange road in Campbell Hall. You have a solid snow pack where over this way it is spotty now with few inches in spots.

I was over your way this afternoon. My daughter might be buying a house off of Lagrange road in Campbell Hall. You have a solid snow pack where over this way it is spotty now with few inches in spots.

Oh yeah, that's in my 'hood'. The couple to few degrees colder than near the Hudson we run out here helps to retain the pack.

Happy to report that my ice rink is back to good health. Kids and I braved the cold for 45 minutes tonight. The ice was actually better than it was last week, despite 60 degree temps just 2 days ago!

Great to hear! Sounds like you're getting a nice long season out of it.

On another note, the record low at KPOU for tomorrow is 15F, should have no problem destroying that.

Great to hear! Sounds like you're getting a nice long season out of it.

On another note, the record low at KPOU for tomorrow is 15F, should have no problem destroying that.

I suspect there would be very few winters where a home rink in this area is used halfway or more through March.

We should beat that record, though it's quite windy out there still. The temp hasn't really dropped much since the sun went down.

Yeah, it's been dropping gradually, but winds have died down for the most part imby. 12.7F here, 19F at the airport as of 10pm. A couple weeks ago I thought for sure I'd seen my last single digit reading for the season, but they just keep coming.

I know I've said this before, but I really love nearly-full moons on clear, frigid nights with some snow on the ground. Just magical to me to take a quick walk in the woods in these conditions.

23 degrees here, which is the low for the day. Looks like a blustery one on tap after a nice day yesterday.

Low 20 F in Highland Lakes, NJ.

Current temp 27F.

Sunny skies with gusty winds.

Last day of significant snow was February 18th.

I find it amazing that it may be possible that we get shut out in March/April with no further snow events.

Best

Woooohooooo ooooo  :lmao:   What a super sillious fun ride we had this morning  :weight_lift:   The woods are such a great place to be in the winter and in the woods around here it is still winter.  There was a minimum of 6" and up to a foot in spots with very few bare spots, especially above 700 feet, but there are some torched out zones.  

We rode in Merrit Park in Patterson (NY) and the trail is pretty icy in spots but nothing too terrible and everything else was a super supportive crust with an extremely high traction surface.  It was actually more pleasant to ride off the "trail" because it was smooth and higher traction so we played with all sorts of terrain features and rolled through places you would never go into on foot which was really cool.  We rode about 5 miles with probably 1200 feet of climbing in 2.5 hours so slow going but oh so super fun.  

Now I'm going to have some ice cream  :icecream:

Archived