joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished August -1.94 in rainfall and the only reason its not as bad and some places around here is because I got under a training cell on 8/13 which dropped .92 which mostly rain off anyway.

Hope to get another shower today that might soak in. Yesterday's quick hitter softened up the surface a little bit. Could use another round today for the upcoming week of forecasted warmth and little rain.

A good amout of damage around my house from yesterday's storm, I'm in OBX but my brother called and sent photos. Dozens of trees and wires down, it sounds like the picnic area at the Sally's Dream section of the park was destroyed. The fences at the tennis courts were blown over.

Wow sorry to hear that Rob. Over here on the east side, there was not much at all. Just some brief gusts to around 20 mph light rain and a short light show IMBY. 

It could have been worse in my yard but there was a gust that was able to flip my glass patio table 15-20 feet in the air. Lots of branches down but no trees down in my yard at least

Thats good to hear that the trees made it. There is a write up in the record about sections of the park being closed.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140907/NEWS/140909799/-1/NEWS

The color started showing about a week ago here. Many trees are starting to drop their leaves and last night the trails were tough to find at high speed a few times. Yes, we ride in the woods at night :)

It's offical, we have color in the higher terrain for leaf color;

I would guess the first frost is 30 days out.

current temp 61F

Best.

Thats good to hear that the trees made it. There is a write up in the record about sections of the park being closed.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140907/NEWS/140909799/-1/NEWS

Here's a link to damage photos

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxzTAvXQAxMkWkpNSFFlOVdiTDA&usp=sharing

Good day weather fans,

Current temp 49F

Looks to be the first legit shot of cool fall air the next few days.

Lows are forecasted to be in the lower to mid 40's

Slight chance of rain later today, but the forecast keeps moving to lower rain totals.

Best.

First cloudy and cool day for some time today. I might have to put away the shorts for a day or two  :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

In other news, I finally have my yard cleaned up from the wet microburst back on 9/6/14.  The tree crew got to the  damaged branches I had hung up in the trees, they would have done some damage had they fallen on their own.  In my yard alone I had damage to three trees along with a large bush and a 30 foot tree uprooted.  Crews are still working in the park where they had about 60 trees affected, about 30 of which were either blown down or need to be cut down.     

Archived