• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

Hi Amy! I'd like to get a soaking rain somehow, my yard it's rather dry now as I missed the heavier rains a couple of weeks ago.

It poured here for about 10 minutes and immediately after the sun was out.. having checked the radar recently to see if anything is happening..

Slightly unrelated, I did get to see real hail on July 3! Larger than pea sized! :lol:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Low was 54F this morning.

High 71F.

Current temp 63F.

So much for Summer.

We are around same elevation 1,550 here in liberty ny, in the catskills made it up to 62 here after a morning low of 50, very unseasonable for late July. Cold night coming up with mid 40s expected if we can clear out fast enough.

Made it down to 53 this morning.  Thats about the only thing to discuss, that and the dry spell IMBY.  Thats not to say that I don't plan on enjoying the stellar weather we have for the next several days.

thought of you when i saw the forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday.. 1-2" of rain maybe, that would help the lawn some 

Epic rain fail here... 0.09" for the whole event so far. Amazing how a storm system can produce a foot of rain over LI and less than a quarter inch over the Hudson Valley.

I was thinking the same thing until around 6:30am, up until then I only had .04 but then I got under a training cell for a bit and had .90 total when I left the house and it was pretty much over by then.  I was so looking forward to a rainy night though. 

Good day weather fans,

Current temp 71F

Max high 72 F.

Low 52F

talk locally around the area is that September is going to have a big cold snap and this winter looks be similar or snowier than last winter. Our old freind the polar vortex returning has been mentioned.

2-3 weeks we will be discussing fall weather. It is possible that parts of our area see the first frozen stuff out 8-10 weeks. Something to ponder.

Best.

Nice shots Animal—I love Sam's Point, but I've only ever been in the wintertime.

The past few days have been a bit paradoxical in that they feel like both the first and last true days of summer... lol. Would love to be at the coast in RI tomorrow for some 3 m Cristobal swells.

Not sure if I would do it in winter :popcorn:

Just discovered it this summer off  a tip from a local guy.

Brush is really thick up at the top. Nice day trip for sure.

Archived