• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 17-19th Potential Storm.

Heisy

EURO also shows a modest event next Wednesday for the burbs lol...

Like Mitchell said, the GFS always has issues with storms that have origins in Canada, it always has trouble turning the corner with those shortwaves.

The EURO lags energy behind in the southwest, if it hadn't it would of had an even bigger storm...

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look @ the GFS @ 90 hours and the EURO @ 96 hours, it paints the picture on why they differ so much, it has to do with the energy that is left behind at 60 hours. The EURO leaves it way west and phases it with the energy diving out of Canada. The GFS shoots it eastward and doesn't phase.

GFS did lag that energy behind a bit more at 18z, but if we're going to see a big change it might not be until 00z tonight. We can hope. 

The euro ens mean is more robust than the OP, 6z GFS started to come around and there are some big changes on the individuals, it also looks like if the storm forms it will hit us at night which would help... I made a $50 bet with Colin on Facebook that we get 6" either in Philly or Allentown, that's how confident I am right now haha.

The euro ens mean is more robust than the OP, 6z GFS started to come around and there are some big changes on the individuals, it also looks like if the storm forms it will hit us at night which would help... I made a $50 bet with Colin on Facebook that we get 6" either in Philly or Allentown, that's how confident I am right now haha.

Guessing that Colin is betting on a whiff...

Are you still accepting bets? :popcorn:

It would have to be a pretty robust system or fall completely over night for this area to see 6" of snow in mid-late March.

Archived