Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Weather past outbreaks in the Valley

jaxjagman

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting how Middle Tennessee avoided the worst of April 27, 2011. West Tennessee was even less active that day. East Tennessee has never and probably never will have another day like 27 Apr. Superoutbreak Apr 3-4, 1974 was not as bad for East Tennessee, but sure walloped Middle Tennessee and Middle Kentucky. North Alabama was hammered with long tracks both events. The two worst tornado outbreaks in history were not in the Plains. Dixie Alley and the Tennessee Valley were involved in both. Stay safe!

Interesting how Middle Tennessee avoided the worst of April 27, 2011. West Tennessee was even less active that day. East Tennessee has never and probably never will have another day like 27 Apr. Superoutbreak Apr 3-4, 1974 was not as bad for East Tennessee, but sure walloped Middle Tennessee and Middle Kentucky. North Alabama was hammered with long tracks both events. The two worst tornado outbreaks in history were not in the Plains. Dixie Alley and the Tennessee Valley were involved in both. Stay safe!

Here's my perspective of that storm here in west Knoxville.  Man that was crazy.  If you can stomach my commentary and shots of my kids, there is some sweet Todd Howell/WBIR footage in there.

Archived