SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 12th-14th 2014 potential storm

famartin

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So with nothing better to do I analyzed the NYC sub forum posts on the storm next week. This include 17 pages totaling 572 posts and 80 posters including 8 red taggers. Included are the top 10

username # posts %

yanksfan27 112 20

highzenberg 47 8

snow88 40 7

redmk6gli 30 5

snowski14 29 5

bluewave 28 5

pazz083 24 4

pbgfi 22 4

doorman 14 2

nybliz44 13 2

Total 62%

red taggers 15 3%

Yanksfan is such a joke.

So with nothing better to do I analyzed the NYC sub forum posts on the storm next week. This include 17 pages totaling 572 posts and 80 posters including 8 red taggers. Included are the top 10username # posts %yanksfan27 112 20highzenberg 47 8snow88 40 7redmk6gli 30 5snowski14 29 5bluewave 28 5pazz083 24 4pbgfi 22 4doorman 14 2nybliz44 13 2Total 62%red taggers 15 3%

Yanksfan is such a joke.

Doorman is one of the NYC forums best.

Although this forum has relatively few posters I think the content is very good for the most part. Would be nice if atownweather put his breakdown of the euro output in here. It's very nicely laid out.

edit: atownwxwatcher

Hit up Doorman too so I don't have to sift through all of the rubbish.

Today was the nail in the coffin for me....I did say I liked the potential for a storm for 12-14th, i nailed that aspect, but it turns out the wave is crossing the CONUS too fast, not allowing for the HP to build in time to save us down here. Unless there is a complete miracle at 00z, its been a great winter. We didn't get the "big one", but who is complaining...Personally last year I got to experience Nemo first hand, and this year I got our historic winter...Cya guys next year. 

Today was the nail in the coffin for me....I did say I liked the potential for a storm for 12-14th, i nailed that aspect, but it turns out the wave is crossing the CONUS too fast, not allowing for the HP to build in time to save us down here. Unless there is a complete miracle at 00z, its been a great winter. We didn't get the "big one", but who is complaining...Personally last year I got to experience Nemo first hand, and this year I got our historic winter...Cya guys next year.

we've had snow in may before so while getting more unlikely by the day, you should still check-in if at the very least for the next couple of weeks.

Winter is all that excites you, eh?

Wow..... we didn't get the big one... but hey at least here in Media we had well two storms over 9" and one that got to 14" and two others that pushed to and just over 12" I will call that a BANTER YEAR after 8.6" last year....

yes there is more to weather than snow... should be a pretty wild severe weather season later in March through to May.

Maybe before if the weather cooperates :lol:. Thanks for all your contributions this winter with model analysis, getting into some pbp, and general enthusiasm for a good winter storm!

Wow..... we didn't get the big one... but hey at least here in Media we had well two storms over 9" and one that got to 14" and two others that pushed to and just over 12" I will call that a BANTER YEAR after 8.6" last year....

yes there is more to weather than snow... should be a pretty wild severe weather season later in March through to May.

+1 for sure

No, I enjoy all extreme weather, but I only track winter storms. 6z GFS sucked me in a bit....and there's some inkling of maybe some potential for the 17-18th...ahhhh make it stop.

If you like tracking winter storms why would you bail on this one 5 days out? Especially when 6 days out you were all in...

I thought perhaps you were trying some reverse physcology on Mother Nature.

If you like tracking winter storms why would you bail on this one 5 days out? Especially when 6 days out you were all in...

I thought perhaps you were trying some reverse physcology on Mother Nature.

I didn't really bail, but I am heavily leaning on a mostly rain event. My hopes earlier in the week was that the shortwave out west would be slower and cut underneath the building ridge out west. It is now seemingly coming across the CONUS faster, and at a higher latitude. This means the transient cold shot has less time to build itself in & the low forms too close to our area. 

With the PNA spike we're seeing it would have been really nice to get just a damn inkling of a block. 

I know everyone will severely doubt it, just as they did a few days ago when I told them to watch the 12-14th period, but the 17-18th is def. another threat. Remember, the word is "threat" t-h-r-e-a-t. 

Latest Wxsim with 12z data has mainly rain for the NW Philly burbs after starting as a few hours of ZR with temps around 29 degrees.

Today marks the 47th straight day with snow cover. Near 100% cover in the back but less than 50% on the front south facing slope. Back ranges between 4" to 8" - will call in 4" cover overall. Also the warmest day current temp is 49.0  since Feb 22nd (51.1)

Archived