SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
observations for March 2nd, 3rd event send them in

bearman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Henry county is pretty accurate.  Aside from Memphis, what else isn't right that you know of?

Well, all I know is that the Shelby County maps are not accurate.  I live in southeast Shelby and we had no true accretion of zr and only a dusting of sleet/snow combined.  We had nowhere near what West Memphis or Downtown had and it was not even close.

Also, there is no way that east Memphis received an inch of snow.  It wasn't even close to that. 

Well, all I know is that the Shelby County maps are not accurate.  I live in southeast Shelby and we had no true accretion of zr and only a dusting of sleet/snow combined.  We had nowhere near what West Memphis or Downtown had and it was not even close.

Also, there is no way that east Memphis received an inch of snow.  It wasn't even close to that. 

Well then either emergency managers, COOP observers, or the general public are lying, which is not a huge surprise.  People measure snow on the grass for crying out loud.

Well then either emergency managers, COOP observers, or the general public are lying, which is not a huge surprise.  People measure snow on the grass for crying out loud.

We're trying to sort this out- I'm not the only one who disagrees.  I'm not calling anyone a liar...just a bad map- somehow.

We're trying to sort this out- I'm not the only one who disagrees.  I'm not calling anyone a liar...just a bad map- somehow.

Understand, I'm not being snarky, I'd believe you over the maps for your area any day.  It would be interesting to see a map of the actual observation points to get an idea of how much interpolation was used to create those.  I would think there would have to be more than the black dots shown based on the variation in the precip lines.

No pics unfortunately that I can find of Lookout Mountain from yesterday....the entire top had a frosty coating down about 50 feet...really cool look that did not show up well on my iphone...Freezing fog advisories across the central part of the state this morning...should be some cool pics if anyone out there has anything to share....

Archived