• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

Jax.  You need to start a thread for historical severe wx outbreaks in the TN Valley.  You know about 100x more than me there, so fire it up.  Be sure to tag it.

I'll do some google this weekend and look into it.The Euro today is looking nasty 8-9 day range,maybe a SE outbreak

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need some help. Noticed MRX had some numbers that were off when looking at the records for snow in a season. TNWxNut, see if you can hunt down on MRX's FB page the conversation I am having. Numbers have gone missing. Bout all I can say. The rest of you, if you live in this area, feel free to chime in. They are actually changing a record in their books - downward.

Jed, did you see the conversation? Peculiar. I mean, I posted one of their own data charts for 95-96. This winter, several times, I have seen them publish snow totals below what actually happened during the event. May just be a data glitch. But 23.9" for 95-96'? At TRI, no way. Now, how did they lose THAT winter? Losing data for a record snowy winter. Man, makes me wonder what they want that data to say.

Remembrance Day!

March 14, 2008....The day the tornado hit the SEC tournament. I remember it well as my daughter was playing in a softball tournament west of Marietta, GA...While the game was on, I kept hearing rumbling and seeing flashes. after about 10 minutes the entire anvil head was lighting up and the winds were picking up. I thought, "Damn, that looks like a supercell!" The umpire was chatting with us parents between innings and said that is just heat lightning....After five more minutes, I was trying to get everyone to pack up and get out....Finally the umpire called the game and by the time I got the car started, it was already hailing. I remember driving back to Chatt that night and turning on the TV and seeing the chaos that happened in downtown Atlanta...quite an event out of  the fringes of a slight risk day preceding what would become a significant outbreak on the 15th for GA and SC...

ESPN has a great special on this March 14, 2008 SEC basketball tourney tornado. Figure they show it every year about this time. Game going into overtime likely saved hundreds of lives as people stayed inside rather than exposed outside on their way home. It pays to work on that 3 point shot - might save lives one day. Swoosh!

ESPN has a great special on this March 14, 2008 SEC basketball tourney tornado. Figure they show it every year about this time. Game going into overtime likely saved hundreds of lives as people stayed inside rather than exposed outside on their way home. It pays to work on that 3 point shot - might save lives one day. Swoosh!

I was watching the game live on TV. Was crazy!

Nicholas won the Silver medal in the all-around in his state meet today at ChattanoogaHe was also named in the prestigious "elite four award" in the state.He won the gold medal on the p-bars,video below.His Team Harpeth from Franklin won the state championship,we are so proud of him and the team :)He now goes to Birmingham next month with Team Tn to compete against all the other states in the SE

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=739076129458906&set=vb.100000695779866&type=2&theater

Tom

Archived