Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so screwed tomorrow. As a sort of security guard at a business, the place is going to be half open tomorrow morning. But even if we had raining asteroids the security has to be there. So I have to get up at 4AM shovel the driveway again, and then go there and shovel all there sidewalks because that is another responsibility for us. Its going to be a long day. But I will still admire the snow! 

Do I clear the snowboard for tonight's snow?  I'm assuming yes? 

Since both events are partly within 24 hours, the answer that the new official guidance gives is "not yet".  That guidance says you only clear it once in 24 hours.  Thus, the first time you could "legally" clear it would be 24 hours after the snow first started. 

Since both events are partly within 24 hours, the answer that the new official guidance gives is "not yet".  That guidance says you only clear it once in 24 hours.  Thus, the first time you could "legally" clear it would be 24 hours after the snow first started. 

Thanks for the reply. 

Not that it really makes sense, but that is kind of how I understood the guidance.  The snowboard still stands with what appears to be a couple inches less than the highest recorded measurement before the rain. 

Just wanted to take a minute:Thanks,Great Job to NWS Mt.Holly on the big storm forecast and updates...Looking back to the earliest forecast yesterday,and the Slight bump the thing played out pretty much spot on!!!   At our area it was called a 12/16" event w/maybe some sleet in the afternoon,then back to Snow---That's exactly what happened---Till it stopped accumulating we had the solid 16"...Also props to Hurricanes crew at NBC 10,between both that's ALL I listened to/watched/needed...Of course if you're on here you probably were doing your own model play-by-play and using the WPC site,but Bottom Line I believe in giving Credit where/when it's do so---Great Job.Thank You---Mike     

How long do we think these enormous snow piles last? April? I remember back in 2010 having a couple of warm April days and still seeing snow piles in parking lots and thinking how awesome that was. Haha I'm weird when it comes to stuff like that.

Depends on how cold March is. Last update i have is euro weeklies are cold for first half of march

With a number of 20" totals reported from the combined waves, got me thinking about the 30" number in NJ.  January 96 and December 2010 come to mind as two storms with 30"+ snowfalls in NJ.  ('96 had it reported in Hunterdon/western Somerset County and '10 in Southern Ocean/Northern Monmouth)  I think North Jersey got close in Feb. '03.  Have any other storms in the past 25 years broke the 30" mark in NJ?

So any one else concerned about the melt off?

I hope (really hope) that a big rain doesn't come in before temps can push down the amounts on the ground right now.

Just cut through the 26" base and tried to decipher the 7+ event glacier in the yard...pretty cool

A really amped up cutter latter next week could do some damage to the flood prone areas on the Delaware from TTN on north

Archived