Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2014 Observations

jaxjagman

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to all who saw light snow today. Jaxjagman did any stick there? Euro just in concurs with the 12Z NAM that Monday and/or Tuesday could satisfy any unmet snow cravings. More later today, with all the blurry temp profile issues hopes and dreams, in a forecast thread...

Yeah we saw some big flakes today,first time all year.It started to stick on the roads and roofs but that was short lived.No real accum.But it was fun to watch in the daytime.

1/2 inch of snow here and light snowfall in my immediate area of Madison, AL. The roads were slick before the snow started, so there is some ice beneath the snow. Elevated hwys and roads closed, local schools closed.   :)

Sending good wishes for snow to those in Tennessee. :)

Chattanooga Metro is right on the border this morning. Coworker from Soddy Daisy also got nothing that way (Hixson/Soddy north of CHA). Flurries continue Downtown. I had decent light snow in East Brainerd, half mile from the Georgia line. EB cars had a thick dusting but just damp streets. Could not discern grass. Local news says Georgia roads have sticking snow.

1/2 to 1 inches here IMBY in Madison, AL. 2 of 3 north/south roads are closed at the overpasses over the train tracks. Leaves only 1 main road open, but all roads are icy and secondaries are covered. MSFC was on 2 hour delay until a few minutes ago, and now is Closed for today. Area under WWA until noon, and a WSW 6am Weds thru Thursday.

Sure looks nice outside! Now for round 2 tonight!

A co-worker called in from Lafayette, GA....about an inch of snow...now a mixed bag with a temp of 29 degrees....

Interesting view as I came down the ridge cut on I 24 into downtown Chatt about 30 mins ago...completely clear over the city...looking to the south about a mile or two was a white wall...the precip literally cuts off at the GA/TN border....

Archived