• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Monday Mauler or Monday Bawler? part II

DDweatherman

Mitch, its a jacked up solution. It's all snow but light precip and it's more than 2-4. All 6 hour panels from 1am Saturday till 7pm Sunday show precip and its all snow..

Looks like 2 waves. Maybe .5ish or so? It's an odd run. But at least it looks nothing like the gfs Debbie downer Rainer

k thanks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not caring as much about surface temps with increasingly wet guidance. Just watching low vis and heavy snow fall might do it for me even if it doesn't pile up. Yes, I'm being serious. Guidance isn't showing rain. And it's trending towards a relatively hight qpf event. I can get into that even without worrying about measuring

bad news on Euro folks....I just checked the skewt soundings on the Accuwx pro site there's a warm layer above 850, even at IAD at 12Z on Monday

that explains why the thicknesses were so high on the surface maps

I don't think it's as good a run as earlier thought...assuming u even liked it in the first place

I'm not caring as much about surface temps with increasingly wet guidance. Just watching low vis and heavy snow fall might do it for me even if it doesn't pile up. Yes, I'm being serious. Guidance isn't showing rain. And it's trending towards a relatively hight qpf event. I can get into that even without worrying about measuring

I know its not the same event... but weren't we doing the same thing during the Comutaggedon storm?  We knew it would be high QPF but temps were marginal?

bad news on Euro folks....I just checked the skewt soundings on the Accuwx pro site there's a warm layer above 850, even at IAD at 12Z on Monday

I don't think it's as good a run as earlier thought...assuming u even liked it in the first place

how deep of a warm layer?

it's between 830mb and 700mb, and looks to get to +3C

can u send me a link to BWI or do u have a pay site?

Its the one on here... the AmWx model site... i hope this is okay since i have seen these posted in the SE forum during the last storm.  If not, please delete or let me know.  I am pretty sure it looks like this prob cause of like 3 or 4 members showing like 15" skewing the mean

post-397-0-78066700-1391241672_thumb.gif

Its the one on here... the AmWx model site... i hope this is okay since i have seen these posted in the SE forum during the last storm.  If not, please delete or let me know.  I am pretty sure it looks like this prob cause of like 3 or 4 members showing like 15" skewing the mean

attachicon.gif03zSREF02-01-1424hrProbof24hrsnowaccumsgreaterthan12inches.gif

thanks

other than those 3, where are most of them, in what range?

Archived