SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Monday Mauler or Monday Bawler? part II

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the euro verbatim depiction, I think a few inches would fall around the city. QPF is very impressjve around N VA. If only the US model temps verify

This is probably about as good as it gets in the cities unless the close by purples near the nc border jump and pull some cold air down.  Everything shifted slightly south which sorta puts us in the max potential zone.. well, DC area up into N MD. But it has most of us mid-upper 30s at 6z and above freezing throughout.  Hard to be bullish even if you double QPF.

0z Canadian - 1.20", 2"

0z Euro - 0.75", maybe a sloppy 1-3"

12z Canadian - 1", 4-5"

12z Euro - 0.75", 1-2"

0z Canadian ENS - 0.6", 1-2"

21z SREF - 0.55", 2-3"

0z NAM - 0.50", 2-3"

12z Euro ens - 0.45", 2"

0z GFS - 0.40", 3-4"

0z GEFS - 0.40", 3-4"

12z Canadian ensembles - 0.35", 1-2"

18z GEFS - 0.35", 1-2"

12z JMA - 0.35", ?

15z SREF - 0.30", 2"

18z GFS - 0.25" - 1-2"

18z NAM - 0.25", maybe 1"

I haven't looked at anything past #1, what does it show tonight?

Much faster and flatter vort out of the west and disorganized precip shield out in front on friday. Verbatim we get like 2-4 through the area with no cutter or coastal. Just a hot mess that we come out winning in. Nobody gets big snow. We kinda jackpot

Has a weird storm Next Sun

Oddly, Its kinda what I posted in the banter thread about 2 events. One out in front and one behind. But I thought the one behind would suck but it's a central va hit verbatim.

For dc area its an extended period of light snow events. The differences at h5 compared to the gfs give serious pause. Especially for the gfs rain bomb. Late week is totally up in the air. Zero consensus

Oddly, Its kinda what I posted in the banter thread about 2 events. One out in front and one behind. But I thought the one behind would suck but it's a central va hit verbatim.

For dc area its an extended period of light snow events. The differences at h5 compared to the gfs give serious pause. Especially for the gfs rain bomb. Late week is totally up in the air. Zero consensus

Bob, when does that 2-4" fall?

Bob, when does that 2-4" fall?

Mitch, its a jacked up solution. It's all snow but light precip and it's more than 2-4. All 6 hour panels from 1am Saturday till 7pm Sunday show precip and its all snow..

Looks like 2 waves. Maybe .5ish or so? It's an odd run. But at least it looks nothing like the gfs Debbie downer Rainer

Archived