Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
John1122

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The meteograms for the 12z runs are impressive for some areas.

Memphis

NAM - 0.7 inches of snow

GFS - 6.6 inches of snow, 0.17 inches of freezing rain

Nashville

NAM - A little bit of sleet

GFS - 4.4 inches of snow, a little bit of freezing rain and sleet

Knoxville

NAM - 1.4 inches of snow

GFS - Nothing

Tri Cities

NAM - 8 inches of snow

GFS - 0.24 inches of freezing rain

Note that those snow amounts are 11:1 ratio.

Wow....did u guys see what mrx posted for a hwo?

...WINTRY PRECIPITATION POSSIBLE SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING... A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS THE AREA SUNDAY PULLING COLDER AIR BACK INTO THE REGION. FOR SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING...GULF MOISTURE WILL PULL NORTH AND OVER-RUN THE COLD AIR PRODUCING ANOTHER ROUND OF WINTRY PRECIPITATION...GENERALLY ALONG AND NORTH OF INTERSTATE 40. A MIXTURE OF SNOW..SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN IS POSSIBLE ACROSS THE NORTHERN PLATEAU...NORTHERN HALF OF THE TENNESSEE VALLEY...NORTHEAST TENNESSEE AND SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA.

SIGNIFICANT ICE AND SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS THESE AREA SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING.

Wow....did u guys see what mrx posted for a hwo?

...WINTRY PRECIPITATION POSSIBLE SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING... A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS THE AREA SUNDAY PULLING COLDER AIR BACK INTO THE REGION. FOR SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING...GULF MOISTURE WILL PULL NORTH AND OVER-RUN THE COLD AIR PRODUCING ANOTHER ROUND OF WINTRY PRECIPITATION...GENERALLY ALONG AND NORTH OF INTERSTATE 40. A MIXTURE OF SNOW..SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN IS POSSIBLE ACROSS THE NORTHERN PLATEAU...NORTHERN HALF OF THE TENNESSEE VALLEY...NORTHEAST TENNESSEE AND SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA.

SIGNIFICANT ICE AND SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS THESE AREA SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING.

As bad as they have been, I'd rather them NOT be on the snow train at this point..........lol  Interesting discussion though and the setup IS there, but with much higher than normal BUST potential. IMO

12z Euro, just doesn't look ideal to me at all for anything but some ice or perhaps sleet.  850 temps are above 0 everywhere but the very northwestern tip of the state and even there it's only freezing for one frame (hour 72).  Surface temps are good for west/middle TN until hour 78, then into the 40s.  This run seems a bit wetter than 0z.  Regardless of what the snow maps show, this run looks like a period of freezing rain or sleet for west to middle TN.  East TN doesn't even have a chance from what I see.

Accumulated "snow":

5CtVxKc.jpg

Been watching this forum for year or so now, actually decided to join for once lol. Love the map from the NAM Stovepipe, but it just cuts off where I live, what exactly is it showing for the northern half of SW VA?

Very glad you joined us Cotton!

jkfZCpR.gif

It's the NAM so understand that it is liable to change quite a bit between now and the event.

I imagine quite a few snow starved folks would like to see the 0z NAM snow map come true.

0uYqLzu.png

Hope it pans out for middle TN.

This would be very nice to see come to fruition. You can tell the local weatherpeeps are very wary about it, though wcyb's Dave Dierks is showing for far northwestern swva around 2-6 inches.Though i would be driving in it to work, sorta drooling at the thoughts of that.

Looks like North of 40 and Crossville West is the spot to be in here as of this morning. I have a high change of a wintry mess back home. More snow west and north of my area. MRX seems to think their non-Plateau areas are out of the running. JKL says a good shot of 3-6 inches for their CWA south of I-64, OHX is giving high likely snow for a good part of their CWA.

John or anybody..Does this meteogram from KJKL show anywhere between 7 or 8 inches of snow..Also does freezing rain show 0.027...This is only the Nam and GFS..Just trying to learn a few things..

http://www.meteor.iastate.edu/~ckarsten/bufkit/image_loader.phtml?site=kjkl&nam=on&gfs=on&ratio=11&compaction=on&mean_mt=on&max_mt=on&mean=on

Stovepipe, don't faint, but...

Matt Hinkin @Hinkmologist 50m

Have a great weekend. We will keep you updated on our winter mix chances for Monday morning. pic.twitter.com/Tr7ACKk2CD

BfW3-hqCAAAeSst.png

I'm getting the vapors... where is my fainting couch?  LOL

This is looking more and more like a non-event for east TN and a potentially significant ice event for west TN into middle.  The NAM and RGEM both seem on board with that.  The GFS meteogram for Jackson even has over 1 inch of ice.  I imagine a lot of schools will be closed on Monday even if it ends up looking like a marginal situation closer to go time.

Archived