Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I mentioned earlier, probably silly to look at anything specific, but I'd say in general anyone in the state of TN (especially north of I-40) would be in the "game" with this one. It has been consistently modeled as moisture laden and timing will be the key. Lots of things can (and will) change with regards to specifics with this event. 

What is important for now is the consistency in showing the midweek system bringing the cold and laying down the front along or near the gulf.  This should help initiate overrunning initially, and possibly western gulf cyclogenesis as the energy from the southwest approaches. 

It will be all about timing and depth of cold, but I think the threat itself is very real. 

12z Canadian is a nice storm for Kentucky back to northern Arkansas and northwest TN.  Big snows depicted there in the long range.  Unfortunately this is a viable solution, but the main point is the storm is still there in some form or fashion.  Hope we get something to track as we head into next week.

No one wants to chime in on the "sneaky" little snow possible Sunday night?

12z Canadian is a nice storm for Kentucky back to northern Arkansas and northwest TN.  Big snows depicted there in the long range.  Unfortunately this is a viable solution, but the main point is the storm is still there in some form or fashion.  Hope we get something to track as we head into next week.

I will say that if I lived anywhere from about Dyersburg to just north of Nashville or points north/west I'd be pretty pumped about what the GGEM just showed for Monday.  Looking at 3-5 inches.  Areas juuuust south of that line might score some as well but that is splitting hairs.  This one is gonna have to be watched.

12z Canadian is a nice storm for Kentucky back to northern Arkansas and northwest TN. Big snows depicted there in the long range. Unfortunately this is a viable solution, but the main point is the storm is still there in some form or fashion. Hope we get something to track as we head into next week.

Looks to be multiple threats in the feb 7th-14th day period

Here we go again at hour 138, rain changed to snow and west TN getting some love.

Edit:  That appears to lay down another 2-3 inches over to middle TN before petering out.  That is according to the SV maps.  WxBell maps don't show that oddly enough, dusting tops on those.

Another Euro weenie run.  The the whole state pretty much gets 8 to 12 inches by hour 222.  There is a warm nose that comes up the eastern half of the state towards the end of that blast that is a little concerning.  But, it doesn't seem to hurt the totals much.

Such an interesting pattern to say the least, so much different than last year, and, likely different from next year!

Looking closer at the euro run from 192 on, I think a good bit of that snow would be sleet or ice (even rain), particularly on the eastern side of the state.  Those details don't matter this far out but I'm surprised the snow maps don't reflect more of the 850mb and surface temp issues.

Looking closer at the euro run from 192 on, I think a good bit of that snow would be sleet or ice (even rain), particularly on the eastern side of the state.  Those details don't matter this far out but I'm surprised the snow maps don't reflect more of the 850mb and surface temp issues.

192..your 850's are -2

Better hope the 12a euro ensembles are wrong.  Looks like they paint a Miller B with marginal to warming 850s............for the storm next weekend.  Still a long way away though.......

I figured a good chunk of the members would explore the warmer temps aspect.  The charts will be available soon, should be interesting.

Archived