SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 4-5th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anybody have a thought to where we'll be heading in to spring.  NINO, NINA, Neutral'ish?  Haven't paid no attention to where we are now.

There's been some cooling in 3.4.  Some guidance is bullish on Nino development later in the year but that has been the case in the past and then it hasn't panned out.  My guess is that a Nino is unlikely for spring but maybe a better chance later in the year. 

anybody have a thought to where we'll be heading in to spring.  NINO, NINA, Neutral'ish?  Haven't paid no attention to where we are now.

OT but signs point towards a El Nino next Winter which would probably mean a La Nina in 2015-2016 per climatology. Its still early but odds favor a El Nino next year. The QBO will be negative next year which would translate to better blocking across the Arctic. Lets see. 

Yeah he's a good one..  I still like to read his stuff over in sne forum..   Dude really knows their climo out their..  Big difference compared to Iowa.

I always pay a visit to that forum. Tons of knowledge in there. Philly was decent read till they all hightailed it to phillywx.

Archived