SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter

Reb

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really DON'T want this cold. 90+ hours below freezing with temps bottoming out below zero in some areas with an entire day in the single digits.......... and my customers pipes will be busting all over TN and VA when it warms up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah if you're a plumber you're gonna be a busy man.

BIG difference....plumbers make money hand over fist, insurance agency owners lose money hand over fist........ :-(

Saw the first commercial for the Masters yesterday. I am not ready for spring yet but seeing those images...one of the best sporting events of any sport IMO.

Agree as well!!!  I actually got to go to a practice round several years ago and the place is AMAZING!!!   If you have never been, it definitely needs to be added to your bucket list.

Agree as well!!! I actually got to go to a practice round several years ago and the place is AMAZING!!! If you have never been, it definitely needs to be added to your bucket list.

Interestingly, my neighbor qualified for the US Open and played in it a few years back. He worked the pro-shop during the Masters for many years. I would have never guessed it until we were out in the yard talking one evening. Evidently he can swing the driver. He loves Augusta. Never played in the Masters, but like you, enjoys the atmosphere and event.

Interestingly, my neighbor qualified for the US Open and played in it a few years back. He worked the pro-shop during the Masters for many years. I would have never guessed it until we were out in the yard talking one evening. Evidently he can swing the driver. He loves Augusta. Never played in the Masters, but like you, enjoys the atmosphere and event.

My wife's dad has badges and we have gone the last two years...My dad used to have access back in the 70s and 80s so I have been many times and would go everytime if offered...it is truly unique and worth the trip even if you are not an avid golf fan. Even the beer and food is still cheap by today's standards!

My wife's dad has badges and we have gone the last two years...My dad used to have access back in the 70s and 80s so I have been many times and would go everytime if offered...it is truly unique and worth the trip even if you are not an avid golf fan. Even the beer and food is still cheap by today's standards!

Great memories.  I look forward to it every spring.  Seems to be one of those events where someone actually has to play well to win.  Very few have "backed" their way into wins there.  I have never been fortunate enough to view it in person, but I always enjoy watching the back nine on Sunday.  Though Saturday is pretty awesome on its own.  Whether it be Jack or Tiger chipping in, El Pato taking a puff on a cigarette before a big shot, Lefty striking a wedge off the pine straw, or Bubba playing that crazy shot out of the woods...it's nice to hear these words, "A tradition unlike any other..."

Jim Nance

I still have my Masters badge from the Wednesday practice round in 1987.  I remember being blown away not only by the beauty of the property but also by the steep topography of the course...especially the green at No. 9.  Television does not do that place justice.

post-638-0-04339100-1388693410_thumb.jpg

Some images I saved last year from the streaming cam at No. 13.

post-638-0-00204400-1388693514_thumb.jpg

post-638-0-29884900-1388693540_thumb.jpg

Masters theme song.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/search?q=masters+theme+song

Saw the first commercial for the Masters yesterday. I am not ready for spring yet but seeing those images...one of the best sporting events of any sport IMO.

Last year's winner Adam Scott was named the 2013 Player of the Year today over Tiger. He certainly has one of the most beautiful swings in golf and one of the best ones too.

Agree as well!!!  I actually got to go to a practice round several years ago and the place is AMAZING!!!   If you have never been, it definitely needs to be added to your bucket list.

Lucky! :P I'd give my right nut to go to Augusta. Heck I might give both nuts. It's definitely on my bucket list! 

Can you remember what his name is?

Take me, take me!!!!!!!

Great memories.  I look forward to it every spring.  Seems to be one of those events where someone actually has to play well to win.  Very few have "backed" their way into wins there.  I have never been fortunate enough to view it in person, but I always enjoy watching the back nine on Sunday.  Though Saturday is pretty awesome on its own.  Whether it be Jack or Tiger chipping in, El Pato taking a puff on a cigarette before a big shot, Lefty striking a wedge off the pine straw, or Bubba playing that crazy shot out of the woods...it's nice to hear these words, "A tradition unlike any other..."

Jim Nance

I remember this chip shot from yesterday and how near impossible it really was to make on 16. I think that thing is still hanging on the lip.

[media][/media]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRCjJi_uDp8

I still have my Masters badge from the Wednesday practice round in 1987.  I remember being blown away not only by the beauty of the property but also by the steep topography of the course...especially the green at No. 9.  Television does not do that place justice.

Some images I saved last year from the streaming cam at No. 13.

Masters theme song.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/search?q=masters+theme+song

Those are some beautiful pictures! But I don't know how anybody could take a bad one at that place.

Forgot about Larry Mize's chip in, that was up there too on the greatest moments from Augusta.

All this reminds me that the 2014 starts tonight from Hawaii as they start the 1st round of the Hyundai Tournament of Champions. I watch every year wishes I could be there instead of this freezing place.

Also Alabama plays Oklahoma tonight. I think the Sooners will put up more of a fight then everyone else thinks.

1234snow...I should correct U.S. Senior Opens 2006 and 2011:

He is one of the state's top amateurs.  I hate to put his name on the net w/out his permission, but you can't miss "Kingsport" on the sectional qualifier list for St Ives Country Club (GA)....Take that person's name and take a look at the leaderboard for the second link.

Here is the sectional qualifying link:

Sectional Qualifying

Leaderboard 2011 US Senior Open:

2011 US Senior Open Leaderboard

Leaderboard 2006 US Senior Open:

2006 US Senior Open Leaderboard

1234snow...I should correct U.S. Senior Opens 2006 and 2011:

He is one of the state's top amateurs.  I hate to put his name on the net w/out his permission, but you can't miss "Kingsport" on the sectional qualifier list for St Ives Country Club (GA)....Take that person's name and take a look at the leaderboard for the second link.

Here is the sectional qualifying link:

Sectional Qualifying

Leaderboard 2011 US Senior Open:

2011 US Senior Open Leaderboard

Leaderboard 2006 US Senior Open:

2006 US Senior Open Leaderboard

Thanks for that. Seems like I've heard that before. It's always cool to have somebody from around here to make it to any major championship and even cooler he's your neighbor!

Archived