Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2014 General Discussion

Powerball

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was my back yard on Saturday before the 6 - 8" we got last night.  For reference the drift is about 5' tall at its peak.

12164877373_609316d10d_o.jpg

Very nice picture. Reminds me of how some sandstones are when they were formed by wind deposits.

Midwest Regional Climate center is your best bet (use the cli-MATE button near the top of the front page). http://mrcc.isws.illinois.edu

You have to register for the cli-MATE section, but it's free. It has threshold capabilities for several categories, for locations all over the USA. 

Thanks, man! I should be able to find what I'm looking for there it seems.

thought this was cool. The local news channel, I think they are just west of Traverse, near Maple city (Leelanau pen), where they had 26" of snow over the weekend. CRAZY!

attachicon.gif1601265_704341346263244_325570568_n.jpg

That is insane...

Also I feel like this image pretty much tells the story of the insane winter we've had so far across the eastern half of the US...

post-7696-0-63330900-1390869596_thumb.pn

That is insane...

Also I feel like this image pretty much tells the story of the insane winter we've had so far across the eastern half of the US...

attachicon.gifUS.png

I agree, but when MI has a bad Winter.... IT'S BAD! LOL

I've never seen so much snow in my life. my neighbors think I'm nuts, and they're prolly right :lol:

I posted this in the ongoing clippers thread, but its probably more pertinent in the January thread.

Picked up 2.6" of snow today, im now at 35.0" in January and 51.9" on the season. My previous snowiest month on record was 31.8" in Feb 2011, and I have been recording snow since Fall 1995.

Some official numbers...

Detroit picked up 2.7" today, further increasing the snowiest January on record, monthly total now 34.6" and the season total 51.3". We are now just 0.4" away from surpassing Dec 1974 and becoming the 2nd snowiest month on record! As a side note, Detroit is already tied for 29th snowiest winter on record, and today is exactly the halfway point in the snow season, statistically speaking.

Flint picked up 2.1" today, so they too increased their snowiest January on record, monthly total now 31.6" and season total 50.1".

Toledo, OH picked up 2.5" today, so they are incredibly at 38.9" in January, over 8" higher than their previous snowiest MONTH on record! They are at 50.6" on the season, which ALREADY places them at their 13th snowiest winter to go, and we are just at the halfway mark.

DTW is now 0.1" away from the all time monthly record!!!  :snowing:

still snowing days later. 3-4" overnight, w/ winds.... schools closed for a 3rd day which is amazing up here. reports of impassable roads all over the Emmet, Charlevoix, and Antrim counties. Talcum snow does add up. I've had an estimated 9-10" from persistent non stop snow since Monday alone.

snow depth area wide is 35-40"

At -3 at the moment.  Now that it's past midnight this makes for the 14th day this month below zero.  23rd of the season.  No subzero lows in the point forecast, so it's not out of the question this could be it for the season.  Wouldn't bet on that though.

The chances definitely decrease as we get towards mid-February.

Last part of the cold wave was weak sauce!

Archived