Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

I would for sure be around 1000 posts if I didn't delete alot of posts I made

good point - I try and do that too in the storm threads - if I post any banter I go back after its read and delete it - in other words clean up your mess - will make the threads readable and take less time to read through

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't even post about the 12z NAM because it looks completely lost at H5, despite the fact that it shows a quick 1-2" rainstorm still.

If you haven't noticed, I've been rooting for rain all week. It's March 28th.

Believe me, if ISP and LGA received 6" of snow and you received 0.00", you would be irate and completely lose it.

Stop pretending you aren't a severe snow weenie.

Believe me, if ISP and LGA received 6" of snow and you received 0.00", you would be irate and completely lose it.

Stop pretending you aren't a severe snow weenie.

I don't really care about the NAM showing a phantom 6" that will be gone in a day or two.

It's when I'm smoking cirrus in February while Long Island is getting dumped on that I get flustered. But it's all part of the game.

BTW it's March 28th and I still have a few small snow piles out here, win.

I don't really care about the NAM showing a phantom 6" that will be gone in a day or two.

It's when I'm smoking cirrus in February while Long Island is getting dumped on that I get flustered. But it's all part of the game.

I will bet my life you hate Long Island because a chick from there dumped you . 

Your snow average is way higher than ours and you've had numerous snow events that were either mostly sleet or rain for Long Island. :lol:

I honestly hope that all of Suffolk County catches a crazy band on the back side of the cutoff low on Monday and gets dumped on by 10" of snow.

Even if I get 0, it would be funny seeing the reaction from Yanksfan and the other "inland" folks.

:lol: You would be a dead man right now.

Honestly, it's a NY versus NJ thing.

I've never liked the concept of a "New Yorker" and I don't appreciate how a lot of people from NY only see NJ as a wasteland of dumps and factories. It implies both arrogance and ignorance.

I've never like the concept of a "New Yorker" and I don't appreciate how a lot of people from NY only see NJ as a wasteland of dumps and factories.

Again you're taking things too personally. Maybe it comes with age but I just don't give a rats ass anymore.

Your snow average is way higher than ours and you've had numerous snow events that were either mostly sleet or rain for Long Island. :lol:

NYC has averaged 31"+ of snow for the past 15 years.

Parts of LI are nearly 40".

15 years is a pretty big sample. Just goes to show you how how great the pattern is that we've been in.

I honestly hope that all of Suffolk County catches a crazy band on the back side of the cutoff low on Monday and gets dumped on with 10" of snow.

Even if I get 0, it would be funny seeing the reactions by Yanksfan and the other inland folks.

Back side frozen precip tend not work out while centers move NE . Real backside snows occur when the center cuts east of u , then N .

A second max looks suspect to me as the models tend to lose them as we closer . 

Having the NAM showing it makes me suspect . 

That said if eastern Long Island and CT saw some accumulating snow many of us from the city on W would miss it . 

My dislike of Long Island stems from meeting them in person and it's in no way a refection of any member of this board.

I actually have family in West Babylon and my sister lives in Queens. She's about to graduate from St. Johns Law. Yes I know Queens isn't considered part of Long Island but it is geographically.

Back side frozen precip tend not work out while centers move NE . Real backside snows occur when the center cuts east of u , then N .

A second max looks suspect to me as the models tend to lose them as we closer . 

Having the NAM showing it makes me suspect . 

That said if eastern Long Island and CT saw some accumulating snow many of us from the city on W would miss it . 

LOL. Never said it works out or will work out. I am fully aware of the miniscule chances of this, which is why I am posting in the banter thread and mostly to egg on Yanksfan.

P.S.

EE rule???? 0z Euro also had the LI crazy snow band.

RJK22be.png

LOL. Never said it works out or will work out. I am fully aware of the miniscule chances of this, which is why I am posting in the banter thread and mostly to egg on Yanksfan.

P.S.

EE rule???? 0z Euro also had the LI crazy snow band.

RJK22be.png

I hear ya , would be fun to see the reactions . 

Also I remember you from TristateWx from WAY back in the days (sorry if this is not allowed, delete it if it is :) )

I'm still on there :hug:

You really think that was appropriate to post on the wx-side?  That wouldn't even be appropriate in OT, let alone in a forum that's guest-viewable.

You should be thankful I caught it right after you posted it, and before it got reported, and you didn't get warned and suspended.

You, and a few others, need to think a little bit more about what you post.  Not just pictures, but in general.

It's not like she's naked :bag:

My dislike of Long Island stems from meeting them in person and it's in no way a refection of any member of this board.

I actually have family in West Babylon and my sister lives in Queens. She's about to graduate from St. Johns Law. Yes I know Queens isn't considered part of Long Island but it is geographically.

Queens is on Long Island not in long island

I'm still on there :hug:

It's not like she's naked :bag:

Ant, God bless you, you're a nice guy... but you are really not that bright.  I'm not trying to be mean.

If you don't have the sense to know why that picture was inappropriate, then we may have a real problem.

I've never liked the concept of a "New Yorker" and I don't appreciate how a lot of people from NY only see NJ as a wasteland of dumps and factories. It implies both arrogance and ignorance.

i knew a girl from massapequa who at age 23 had no idea brooklyn was on long island.... and she's pretty smart.

fortunately i think most people on this board have a very good understanding of the broader NYC metro area, from orange and sussex counties to the twin forks.  there's very little regional attitude on display.  plus, we all hate DC and boston. lol.

i knew a girl from massapequa who at age 23 had no idea brooklyn was on long island.... and she's pretty smart.

fortunately i think most people on this board have a very good understanding of the broader NYC metro area, from orange and sussex counties to the twin forks. there's very little regional attitude on display. plus, we all hate DC and boston. lol.

I laugh when people say were not from LI when they're from city limits. Any borough but manhattan is on LI. Guess some didnt look at a map lately :lol:

Archived