SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 10-14 Severe/Flooding Wx - Obs, Radar, Warnings, Dmg. rpts

wxmeddler

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One problem these days is a lot of mets and others act like they know more than they do. In some of these cases it's probably best to say you don't know but there are several possible solutions.

Is APG a reliable station? If so, 81/72...it's definitely trying to recover out here.

My weather station (VP2) shows 80/73 -- and from a quick step outside, it feels like panamanian jungle humidity.  So yes it is trying to recover but we are back in clouds now - had about 30 minutes of sun to jump up to 80

Even if the dews aren't necessarily where we want them, I don't see this completely missing us by any means. Judging from radar hallucinations and where the upper end of the line is tracking in NWV. Some good bowing, too.

Severe params still look decent across E MD, DE and SE PA. Mix in some more heating and maybe we'll still be okay later this afternoon. I can't ignore that there's still a solid amount of wind shear up here and proximity to the warm front and deepening low pressure doesn't hurt.

If I am interpreting Mr. Livingston correctly he is starting to sniff a double bust in the making?

DC south might still be ok--maybe even north. I mean, we are under a t-storm watch regardless of all the other changes.

Sometimes you have to jump ship on a forecast. but often times continuity is also important. Let's hope for a heavy, heavy bust wrt SPC. The funny thing is, the NAM may end up being fairly close with high temps today across the upper mid-Atlantic region.

The first round of storms wasn't that bad. Especially when compared to what was predicted.

The second round was much different. I am flooded in. My area is under a state of emergancy. Thankfully,though, I have power, phone and internet. Knock wood. I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

More info:

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/130613_16782.shtml

Archived