Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
First Week of March Nor'Easter

Capt. Adam

Navgem is -3 to -4 850's for Phl. Should be a wet paste job for suburbs

Link?

Also, we would have to be under the heaviest VVs to get snow to accumulate. Just because we get .1-.4 doesn't mean squat. If we don't get under the deformation zone in the city it won't accumulate/snow. 

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Link?

Also, we would have to be under the heaviest VVs to get snow to accumulate. Just because we get .1-.4 doesn't mean squat. If we don't get under the deformation zone in the city it won't accumulate/snow.

I feel everyone is very aware of that. We need the trend north to continue

Latest Wxsim for NW Chesco has wet snow arriving Wed around noon with it getting heavy just after dark with temps at or just above freezing. Certainly looks like an elevation special at this time. Currently has between 6" to 8" of wet snow by the time it ends Thursday AM.....of course we have seen this before a few days before only to have it fade a bit by verification time. Of course the one thing going for the storm is I am heading to Phillies Spring Training on Wednesday morning....

SREF's at this range are about as reliable as the NAM at this range.

Hey Paul, looks like your Sea Isle station is where it should be :)

http://raws.wrh.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/roman/raws_ca_monitor.cgi?state=PHI&type=&rawsflag=290&timeobs=12&day1=22&month1=9&year1=2007&hour1=22&orderby=e

But fun to look at.

If the snow comes down hard enough it sticks at normal rates once the 1st inch is on the ground. Had that last march only days after tornadoes and 70's back in KY, ratios with that event were actually over 10:1. I would think 7-10:1 with the storm upcoming. Looks like 34-36 degree snow for those under the hvy precip band. I could see something like ABE 38 and light rain with hvy snow and 34 at MIV.  

If the snow comes down hard enough it sticks at normal rates once the 1st inch is on the ground. Had that last march only days after tornadoes and 80's back in KY. Looks like 34-36 degree snow for those under the hvy precip band. I could see something like ABE 38 and light rain with hvy snow and 34 at MIV.  

like what we had back in early november with that storm.

If the snow comes down hard enough it sticks at normal rates once the 1st inch is on the ground. Had that last march only days after tornadoes and 80's back in KY. Looks like 34-36 degree snow for those under the hvy precip band. I could see something like ABE 38 and light rain with hvy snow and 34 at MIV.  

Maybe you misunderstand me... but if its 33F ratios will still be low and what would be a better rate at sub-freezing temps will not be as good. 

0Z NAM info:

SENIOR DUTY METEOROLOGIST NWS ADMINISTRATIVE MESSAGE
NWS NCEP CENTRAL OPERATIONS COLLEGE PARK MD
0135Z SUN MAR 03 2013

THE 00Z NCEP MODEL PRODUCTION STARTED ON TIME.

00Z NAM RAOB RECAP...
72558/OAX - GROUND EQUIPMENT FAILURE...10142
76654/MZL - GROUND EQUIPMENT FAILURE...10142
91765/PPG - GROUND EQUIPMENT FAILURE...10142
78016/BDA - PART B IS MISSING
91334/TKK - PART B IS MISSING
04339/OBY - DELETED ALL WINDS...ERRATIC

Archived