Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
First Week of March Nor'Easter

Capt. Adam

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

850's would fool you on the GFS... just sayin'

yes i know, i can't see soundings on ggem. The ggem does wrap in the northern stream which helps give it that colder look which the gfs doesn't I would bet though that there is some bl issues...but up towards the lv and far nw burbs would be fine with 850s around -4

With thos VVs Ray don't you think boundary layer would be overcome? 

Well remember, there are multiple forcings working here, one of them being low level warm advection. 

In the 1997 April Fool's Day storm, it was a heavy mixture of rain and snow at BOS from 11AM to 9PM.  Over an inch of precip fell before it finally switched over (of course, once it did it piled up fast)...

Wow, you guys are great! Just moved here from Fl.This is my first winter here in Philadelphia, and you guys chase these winter storms like they chase hurricanes in Fl. Hopefully this will be my first snowstorm.. Thanks for all your hard work...

Wow, you guys are great! Just moved here from Fl.This is my first winter here in Philadelphia, and you guys chase these winter storms like they chase hurricanes in Fl. Hopefully this will be my first snowstorm.. Thanks for all your hard work...

Welcome to the board.

When you get a chance add your location to your profile.

Hope your first one is a doozy next week.

How far west is the precip? Thanks

Mason/dixon line south from WV/MD border points east .75".. greneral .25-.5 for most of pa..

850's and thicknesses look OK enough, but the surface temps jump into the 40's @ 126 from SNJ into SE PA... crashing back dow =n next 2 frames, but as the precip is leaving... tight gradients For The Headache.. Anyhow, still some differences between the EURO and GFS and their handling of the streams.

Welcome, you can learn a lot just by reading what our pros and experts write on here, sit back and enjoy.

This is why I never post in this forum, the southern part of this forum needs to be merged with the Mid-Atlantic forum and the northern part with NYC Area. There are just not enough active posters around.

Why are you here now, then?

I like this forum, it has a manageable amount of content.  People don't monger and go crazy (and then get ridiculously depressed when things don't pan out).  People here are reasonable and sane. 

I like this forum, it has a manageable amount of content.  People don't monger and go crazy (and then get ridiculously depressed when things don't pan out).  People here are reasonable and sane. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

what he said!! 

I do find it interesting that this thread is a ghost town compared to the one in the dc forum......

More levelheadedness with less weenie outbursts in this forum cuts down on the post number dramatically :)

It's hard to comment on snow chances since the slightest of shifts could make it either a lot more rain or a lot less QPF. Models are starting to converge on an impactful solution that is mostly concentrated over the DC area, with PHL dealing with a greater likelihood of low-level temp issues if the better precip rates don't make it far enough north. Until the run-to-run consistency is there, it's tough to really speculate about any of these details. The takeaway from the 12z suite is that odds are increasing but there's still a ways to go, so details can wait.

The Mid-Atlanticers don't want him, either :P

Archived