• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

Snowman ,  I  thought you were blowing up your boy ..

Can`t believe anyone would post Henry M here 

So you still love HM and hate HENRY M --Me too .  Was not a dig , but a question , but that dude has no place being quoted here . 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Henry M lol

"It's becoming more clear to me that the rules for the typical El Nino winter need to be thrown out this year. One must look at the PDO and El Nino as one. Gut tells me not as cold but a lot of wild storms on both coasts!"

if he's saying that, prepare for an 11-12 redux

• 2 weeks later...

Verizon Fios dropped Weather Channel.... now I'm stuck watching Accuweather, until I have the budget to buy a new TV/Internet provider.  :facepalm:

Don't sweat it. Weather Channel has not been the same since the days of Paul Kocin and John Hope. Most of the time they now show weather program specials even when a big storm is imminent. Other than some tv input from Lee Goldberg on ABC, most of the time I'll be right here in the chatroom. Thank god for the internet!

JB released his winter outlook yesterday. He is going with a warm December with a turnaround to a very cold second half with a very cold February. He is comparing this upcoming winter to 1957/1958 and 2014/2015. Snowfall will be much above normal.

1957-58 was an analog for 2002-03 at the time and it turned out pretty good...1957-58 for this year?...I would sign up now for that ..1957 cooled off dramatically the second half of September...there was a lot of down time for winter fans in 57-58...There were two thaws that year at the end of both January and February...The first three weeks in February were great and the late winter storm in March made that winter greater...

Hey PB, I heard Joe Bastardi is going with 57-58, 09-10 and 02-03 is analogs? 02-03 that can't be serious? It's not anything close to this year, at all, not even in the ballpark, El Niño or otherwise

He also includes 97 98. Did you see that ?

I did now. I know you like JB but 02-03? It's not even close to an analog, I mean seriously come on, that's just crazy to even mention it

It's a collaborative effort between he and Daleo

They have 5758 0910 0203 8788 7273 9798 in the group.

So there are some not so impressive winters in that bunch.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.weather.com/forecast/national/news/winter-2015-2016-temperature-forecast-december-january-february

"The strength and location or 'flavor' of the El Niño event suggests that a very warm 1982-83 or 1997-98 winter is quite possible," said Dr. Todd Crawford, WSI chief meteorologist. "However, there is some risk of big blocking this winter, driven either by a premature weakening and westward shift (towards the dateline) of the El Niño impacts or by just a general tendency for stronger high-latitude blocking. While this blocking potential does add colder risks for the upcoming winter, we are still leaning towards a slightly cooler variation of the very warm 1982 and 1997 strong Niño events."

The European computer forecast model, which Crawford notes has done well with long-lead forecasts, "shows the focus of the ridging to be from western North America north to the pole, which implies colder risks for at least part of the eastern U.S. this winter, especially late."

wsi_outlook_dec-feb.jpg?v=ap&w=980&h=551

He's such a terrible writer.

Well you certainly have to respect him for standing his ground. I do think he rides the Euro a little to much but on the big picture it is still a superior model in my opinion but it has also been wrong before like any other model is prone to be.

Well you certainly have to respect him for standing his ground. I do think he rides the Euro a little to much but on the big picture it is still a superior model in my opinion but it has also been wrong before like any other model is prone to be.

I meant that the guy can't produce a logical sentence five times in a row. Punctuation and capitalization appear almost random.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived