SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 26th-29th (Snow?) Storm

Powerball

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion i think this storm will fluctuate frequently on the models given the difficult pattern setup around this storm so the models will have a hard time leaning towards a consistent solution. One run your disappointed the next your excited, etc. haha.

The teleconnection pattern and East based -NAO anomaly does favor a inland track but as Hoosier said it could be "inland, inland" haha but i'm keeping an eye on how far south this storm digs and if any sort of phasing occurs. Cause that little clipper type storm ahead of it could create a pseudo 50/50 Low and act like a block suppressing this, so alot of factors on this table.

I think by the weekend it'll be more clear. Hmph, better not end up like last year -_-

The morning AFD from MKX is making it sound like there is the potential for our first accumulating snow here.

MONDAY AND TUESDAY - CONFIDENCE...LOW

UPPER FLOW SHIFTS SOUTHWEST AND FOCUS WILL BE ON CYCLOGENESIS

ASSOCIATED WITH PROGRESSIVE TROUGH. 00Z GEM IS THE WETTEST FOR

MONDAY IMPLYING A MIX IN THE SOUTH AND PERHAPS ALL SNOW IN THE NORTH

BASED ON 850 TEMPS/1000-500 MB THICKNESSES. HOWEVER GFS AND ECMWF

KEEP THE PRECIP ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOW SOUTH OF THE AREA ON MONDAY

AND THEN BRING IT INTO THE AREA MONDAY NIGHT AND TUESDAY. THIS

SYSTEM WILL HAVE TO BE WATCHED. COULD END UP SEEING OUR FIRST

ACCUMULATING SNOW OF THE SEASON WITH THIS LOW AS THE TRACK AND

OVERALL THERMAL PROFILE SETTING UP TO FAVOR MORE OF A SNOW EVENT

VERSUS MIX/RAIN. IF THE GFS/ECMWF WERE TO TREND MORE TOWARDS THE GEM

SOLUTION THEN A HEADLINE SCENARIO COULD TAKE SHAPE. LOTS OF TIME YET

TO SORT ALL OF THIS OUT.

The morning AFD from MKX is making it sound like there is the potential for our first accumulating snow here.

It's definitely possible, but the models have been shifting and flip flopping so much we won't know much for certain until Saturday or perhaps Sunday. Now the GFS Ensembles look pretty good as a whole, but the Euro, although a decently favorable track, was weak and didn't wrap in much snow on the backside.

Yeah, in my case I'd have to be happy with normal snowfall for the month considering it is around 3.5". I would take that from this system in a heartbeat.

Yup, I'm in the same boat as you guys. Given the pattern I don't want to to see it go to waste. I'll take a couple of inches so November doesn't end up with a goose egg in the record books.

12z GFS is crap on a stick. It tries to get going, but largely fails.

As it has been stated several times, the models will continue to be all over the place until the weekend. Given recent weather trends, I"ll bet it does end up a suppressed rainstorm for most who are impacted, with a small stripe of snow on the backside, probably in the Ohio Valley and Eastern Great Lakes. I hate to say it, but we may be looking at some useless cold coming up unless a clipper comes our way.

Haven't looked at the particulars, but face value, the 12z GFS may be good for the Toronto folks. Would be nice to get something going up there early. I'm pulling for that crew this winter.

Looks like maybe an inch or two on the backside after some rain or mixed precipitation. Nothing to write home about certainly. Not strong enough to wrap much cold air on the backside of the storm.

No surprise that HM targets the East Coast primarily with his snow potential. No bias in there at all.whistle.gif From S Illinois into S Indiana, SE Ohio, all of Pennsylvania east and then north along the coast.

No surprise there. Although he did put down two possible tracks. A eastern Lakes cutter or a TN Valley one.

Added: I'm pulling for the Toronto crew too! Hoping they get at least a 12" storm there!

Looks like maybe an inch or two on the backside after some rain or mixed precipitation. Nothing to write home about certainly. Not strong enough to wrap much cold air on the backside of the storm.

inch or two more than we'll get... Snow is useless so early down here except for stat padding. wish the euro was right a few runs back and brought it right through low pressure Dec alley in SE WI... . at least the north has some chance to keep it on the ground.. Even up there it prob torches away in dec when the Pacific fire hoses it away.

I'm afraid we're going to see you hanging from here come Feb. Not sure yet where I'll be found.

392px-Joan_of_Arc_Chapel.jpg

inch or two more than we'll get... Snow is useless so early down here except for stat padding. wish the euro was right a few runs back and brought it right through low pressure Dec alley in SE WI... . at least the north has some chance to keep it on the ground.. Even up there it prob torches away in dec when the Pacific fire hoses it away.

I'm afraid we're going to see you hanging from here come Feb. Not sure yet where I'll be found.

392px-Joan_of_Arc_Chapel.jpg

Lolz. If we see useless cold air that might happen, but I'm actually hoping the more amped solutions like the GEM occur like you, even if that means all rain for us, because there has been nothing to track for ages here, it seems. An Upper Midwest blizzard would be better than suppressed junk or another East Coast weenie hit.

Lolz. If we see useless cold air that might happen, but I'm actually hoping the more amped solutions like the GEM occur like you, even if that means all rain for us, because there has been nothing to track for ages here, it seems. An Upper Midwest blizzard would be better than suppressed junk or another East Coast weenie hit.

It would be nice to put more water into the ground.

Staying optimistic that this will be the first winter storm in several over the first part of the winter - for the subforum.

Spoken like someone who lives on the wrong side of the lake. Cold air=snow on this side.

Jon

Archived