joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Sandy

Ginx snewx

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty suprised how far west 6z gfs was over 0z gfs. at like hours 30/36 etc, it seem'd about 100 miles LESS of a ARC out to sea and instead just curl'd in to ACY, NJ . you can this would be better overall for sparing SNE the worst.

IF the gfs occurred, yes it would be bad, but not as bad as the 0z last nite or even the other runs yesterday that took this east to like 69w then curv'd in.

My LI LF will be wrong..We've just never seen a storm move due west twds shore..Maybe this will be it..but my gut tels me there is s ome NW component at LF..That's all

Yeah, seems a little absurd that there wouldn't be some type of NW component, even if slight, to the hook back into shore but I'll leave that up to the mets to discuss. I just can't picture a a straight lateral west movement on a storm moving up the coast no matter how strong the blocking is.

Seems like people from the Havens west to ny ct border and into westchester county are taking this seriously now. Very somber feeling on the streets and stores here as its sinking in how bad and historical this surge will be here. Winds are already gusting close to 30 mph. If the 2012 surge maps are correct my basement will be flooded at a 7 foot surge and first floor anything above ten. Windows taped, valuables secured, obviously turning off gas electric and water when we leave this evening. I urge ct coastal residents to not take this lightly we can handle the wind, the water is what kills.......Sandy looks impressive on satelite and the pics coming in from surge flooding in eastern nc the water up along the beaches across the deleware and nj already is sobering.

Look at your property, look at your trees and know which way the winds will be coming later monday monday night, I would advise not having children or anyone for the matter sleeping in bedrooms where a tree could crash into that particular part of the house. I really fear surge estimates maybe underestimated right now, I sure hope not. Have a means to keep your home warm for up to 10 days worst case scenario.....water and non parishables.

It's interesting in that I'm seeing the models seemingly a little more west and perhaps earlier close off of the central US S/W trough. Too early of a closure won't exactly catch Sandy, however the ridging to the NE keeps trending a hair stronger.

Which cognitively would yield a more WNW motion, I still think your BLM call from a couple days ago was spot on. Guys looks at the global Sat shot of the Atlantic. Amazing

Archived