• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Get WeatherBell Models Cheaper... (When it becomes paid)

Frank

Does anybody have an update on how this site is performing? I've heard various things -- but mainly interested in how quickly the graphics are available and what the options are especially for the Euro.

Speaking in terms of the euro only

The Euro is a little slower to update than ewall by about 15min. There are products that wxbell's version of the Euro dont have too.. such as precip combined with 850temps or precip combined with 1000-500hPa thickness..they do have precip combined with 2m temps there. That said.. there are other euro paramaters there that nobody else seems to have. They have recently added paramaters from the Euro ensemble mean also and I hope they continue to add more paramaters.

After using their products for the last few months there is no way I could do without them. Im sure they are making good money off these because I see alot of people using them..especially on Facebook. Im really happy with them! If there is something else specific you want to know about their model graphics..just ask and I will try to answer.

Speaking in terms of the euro only

The Euro is a little slower to update than ewall by about 15min. There are products that wxbell's version of the Euro dont have too.. such as precip combined with 850temps or precip combined with 1000-500hPa thickness..they do have precip combined with 2m temps there. That said.. there are other euro paramaters there that nobody else seems to have. They have recently added paramaters from the Euro ensemble mean also and I hope they continue to add more paramaters.

After using their products for the last few months there is no way I could do without them. Im sure they are making good money off these because I see alot of people using them..especially on Facebook. Im really happy with them! If there is something else specific you want to know about their model graphics..just ask and I will try to answer.

With regards to how fast the data is available, SV is way faster.

Unless you're a trader, getting the models 15 min. earlier shouldn't be that big of a deal. Then again, paid subscription services shouldn't be that far behind the curve compared to what's freely available.

I agree. As a DOT forecaster, I'd prefer to get EURO real time on SV for $15 extra, than to have to wait 45 minutes, especially with forecast deadlines along with my coursework schedule.

I agree. As a DOT forecaster, I'd prefer to get EURO real time on SV for $15 extra, than to have to wait 45 minutes, especially with forecast deadlines along with my coursework schedule.

Good point... my initial thoughts regarding timing were geared towards the public, but I forgot about the private forecasters who have to work with these services as well. I'm spoiled :P

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what is wrong with the free Wunderground ECMWF in 3 hour increments and full zooms for whatever locations you are interested in. Sure, it is clunky and lacking multi-panel maps, but it is free.

Eye candy...all about the eye candy. I agree with others regarding the twitter accounts of JB/RM. Once it is tweeted, it's fair game.

Archived