SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Forest Fire Thread- SNE-Updated for summer drought/torch

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice fire in saugus mass ...near lynn line (lynn woods)

just drove bye

tons of cars parked on side of road....with people out of cars watching (from across a lake/resevoir) 2 seperate fires

will check out more tommorrow.....people in awe

Saw a big one in joppatown md yesterday. They made urgent calls for every brush company in the county. Originally out of control on all sides. Required evac of a couple streets

No idea, just saw pics. Just heard the big LI fire is over 2k acres now. Yikes

Yea lots to burn out there. Lots of smoke in Milford but wonder how many acres that is?

Update on Ridge-Manorville Brush Fire at 7:30 p.m.

Note: This information was updated at 8:48 p.m. to reflect new information regarding damage to structures and burns to one firefighter.

April 9, 2012

(Ridge, N.Y.) – As of 7:30 p.m., here are additional details on the brush fire at Ridge and Manorville:

Three sides of the fire have now been contained. An additional side of the fire, the east side, has not been contained.

Suffolk County Executive Steven Bellone is at the scene, and coordinating efforts with the New York State governor’s office, the National Guard and local officials.

Three firefighters who responded to the fire have been taken to Stony Brook University Medical Center; one firefighter suffered burns, two are being treated for smoke inhalation.

Two residential homes and one commercial building were destroyed, and one residential building was damaged from fire.

Yea lots to burn out there. Lots of smoke in Milford but wonder how many acres that is?

Update on Ridge-Manorville Brush Fire at 7:30 p.m.

Note: This information was updated at 8:48 p.m. to reflect new information regarding damage to structures and burns to one firefighter.

April 9, 2012

(Ridge, N.Y.) – As of 7:30 p.m., here are additional details on the brush fire at Ridge and Manorville:

Three sides of the fire have now been contained. An additional side of the fire, the east side, has not been contained.

Suffolk County Executive Steven Bellone is at the scene, and coordinating efforts with the New York State governor’s office, the National Guard and local officials.

Three firefighters who responded to the fire have been taken to Stony Brook University Medical Center; one firefighter suffered burns, two are being treated for smoke inhalation.

Two residential homes and one commercial building were destroyed, and one residential building was damaged from fire.

Wow, good thing they contained three sides, that's very good considering the conditions. Hopefully they can surround it completely now and get it out. Nasty stuff when people are getting hurt and homes are burning...I CANNOT imagine watching my stuff go up in flames or having someone get hurt. Ugh.

One time my dad was on a second floor, floor gave and he fell...went through the first floor fell straight to the basement. Still has a messed up back from it, he still doesnt know how they made it out. 3500 sq foot house to the ground. Also had to bail out a second story window once. Fire sucks.

Wow, good thing they contained three sides, that's very good considering the conditions. Hopefully they can surround it completely now and get it out. Nasty stuff when people are getting hurt and homes are burning...I CANNOT imagine watching my stuff go up in flames or having someone get hurt. Ugh.

One time my dad was on a second floor, floor gave and he fell...went through the first floor fell straight to the basement. Still has a messed up back from it, he still doesnt know how they made it out. 3500 sq foot house to the ground. Also had to bail out a second story window once. Fire sucks.

Lucky, fate is fickle. Winds have died, they should be able to contain it tonight.

From nyc...not sure what first part means...sounds bad.

MAJOR BRUSH

04/09/12 16:26 (RIDGE - 46.46) UPDATE: COUNTYWIDE MUTUAL AID PLAN IN EFFECT, REPORTS OF A OVER-TURNED BFU WITH MISSING FOREST FIRE SERVICE. [NYC249]

MAJOR BRUSH

04/09/12 18:57 (RIDGE - 46.46) UPDATE: 2000+ ACRES BURNING, MASSIVE MUTUAL-AID OPERATING, MULT. HOUSES DAMAGED/DESTROYED, LARGE EVACS IN PROG [NYC249]

Wildfire Loose?

That book was written I believe by Joyce Butler. i have a copy of the book around the house here somewhere, I just can't seem to find it. the book was sold primarily here in Southern Maine.

Archived