• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 31st - Potential Wintry Precip (formerly the March Torch Thread)

tornadojay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS has the city near 32 both Tuesday night and Wednesday night.

GFS wants to make it more then a 1-2 day cold snap as well.

I hope this doesn't verify.

I hope it does. Average low here for this time of the year is still slightly below freezing. While there has been some plant growth, a freeze now won't be too damaging. Not to mention I'd like some rain and freezing weather to put the brakes on allergy/bug season. The cooler weather will be positively refreshing.

The problem with the NE winds not cooling is that there's no cold air at the source of the wind direction. Many areas in Central New England were near or above 80 the past couple days. The NE wind is actually filtering more warm air down!

That's what makes this such a rarity this early.

THE PORTLAND JETPORT REACHED 82 DEGREES ON THURSDAY, MARCH 22ND.

THIS SHATTERED THE OLD RECORD OF 70 DEGREES SET IN 1948. THIS WAS

ALSO THE EARLIEST DATE THAT PORTLAND REACHED THE 80 DEGREE PLATEAU.

THE PREVIOUS RECORD FOR THE EARLIEST 80 DEGREE READING WAS MARCH

29TH... IN 1945 WHEN THE TEMPERATURE REACHED 83 AND IN 1946 WHEN THE

TEMPERATURE REACHED 86.

It's so bizarre isn't it? I'm used to having the windows open after this week so when it dropped into the 50s last night I'm like oh it got chilly..and then I realized oh yeah its March not June. Having to put on a heavy coat in the mornings is going to seem very strange.

it'll probably feel like the dead of winter to us on Monday night. I don't know if I can handle any temps in the 30's at this point. My body has already adapted to the summer season

It's so bizarre isn't it? I'm used to having the windows open after this week so when it dropped into the 50s last night I'm like oh it got chilly..and then I realized oh yeah its March not June. Having to put on a heavy coat in the mornings is going to seem very strange.

I'm just happy... much like this whole winter season... that it's in and out of here in 1 day. I realize that it's not gonna warm up to the levels we've been having anytime soon, but just as long as temps are at least 55 during the day.. and ideally, no lower than 40 at night.. I'm looking forward to my 95-105 high temps and 80-85 low temps over the summer.

I'm just happy... much like this whole winter season... that it's in and out of here in 1 day. I realize that it's not gonna warm up to the levels we've been having anytime soon, but just as long as temps are at least 55 during the day.. and ideally, no lower than 40 at night.. I'm looking forward to my 95-105 high temps and 80-85 low temps over the summer.

How the heck could you enjoy that?

How the heck could you enjoy that?

I love hot weather... but probably not as much as how much I hate cold weather. I do not like to step outside at night unless only shorts and a t-shirt can be tolerated. For me, I'll take the extreme warmth at night as opposed to the daytime.. Anything lower than 70 bugs me at night during the summer.. ideally, I like it closer to 80. During the day, I can accept as low as 85, but 95 or higher is great.

It's ok. I have issues.. I know.

I love hot weather... but probably not as much as how much I hate cold weather. I do not like to step outside at night unless only shorts and a t-shirt can be tolerated. For me, I'll take the extreme warmth at night as opposed to the daytime.. Anything lower than 70 bugs me at night during the summer.. ideally, I like it closer to 80. During the day, I can accept as low as 85, but 95 or higher is great.

I prefer it to be in the single digits at night and upper teens during the day in the winter, in the summer, nights in the upper 50's are the best

I prefer it to be in the single digits at night and upper teens during the day in the winter, in the summer, nights in the upper 50's are the best

Basically agree for winter, though summer I like it hot, at night too. 50-60 lows are May/September-ish, not really summer to me.

I'm the same exact way.

76.5 degrees right now and I saw a dragonfly earlier.

New record highs as of 3pm:

PHL 80 (old record 78)

ABE 79 (old record 73)

While not official yet, these locations broke their record highs also:

LGA: 74 (old record 70)

JFK: 77 (old record 69)

ISP: 75 (old record 69)

BDR: 71 (old record 68)

NYC: 76 (tied with 76)

Archived