• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Spring 2012

ctsnowstorm628

Top of Mansfield and Jay Peak dusted white perhaps?

Yes, there was definitely fresh snow visible on the peaks this morning from the precipitation we had overnight (0.57” of liquid in the gauge down here at the house in Waterbury as of 6:00 A.M.). I didn’t get a chance to get a picture, but it was gorgeous once the sun came out. The snow line on Mt. Mansfield looked to be around 3,500’ by the time I saw it mid morning, but there was still an inch of fresh snow reported as of the late afternoon report from the Mt. Mansfield co-op. We’re thinking of heading to Jay Peak for some skiing tomorrow, and with the frost advisory out for our area tonight (not for Jay Peak and the Northeast Kingdom though because their growing season technically hasn’t started yet), it should be nice for the corn snow cycling as long as it gets down near freezing and lets the snow really tighten up.

11MAY12A.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got all the way down to 32f by this morning with some light frost. Crystal clear this morning--not sure the last time we saw skies so blue.

Hey PF--didn't have time to compile anything but sniff around here for various locales and monthly totals:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/climate/xmacis.php?wfo=btv

A few select montly totals to date:

2.53" here so far in May.

2.90" at the BTV office.

2.04" in Montpelier.

4.91" on Mansfield.

2.47" in Rutland.

2.10" in St. J.

2.39" in Woodstock.

Thanks Allenson...good to see some much needed rainfall back home.

I saw a BTV disco that said BTV was .5" over normal precip since March 1. Gotta be getting nice and green now. Only 7" left at the Mansfield stake.

Positively verdant out there.

Looks like another good soaking incoming this week too.

post-2284-0-92934100-1336852618_thumb.gi

Winter can't come back soon enough..

I hear ya...in some ways anyway. Having a high snow-maintenance & wood heated home as I do, the break from winter is nice. It's always looming, always around the corner, ever in my thoughts & plans though. ;)

Also, the true rural lifestyle dictates that we take advantage (not that you don't) of the full annual cycle and I'm not sure I'd appreciate winter as I do without the other side of the year.

Anyhow, a little lull in the rain atm but the radar showing what looks to be a hefty slug en route.

.47" of qpf so far here, My yard is never going to dry out, I may just have to employ some cows to take care of the lawn, Can't get a mower on it to

I felt lucky that the rain held off long enough last night so that I could do mine. On a more troubling note, I do not like this pattern of Tuesday rain events. Tuesday is golf night and there have been 4 in a row that have had rain and now this may be the second in a row to be rained out.

I felt lucky that the rain held off long enough last night so that I could do mine. On a more troubling note, I do not like this pattern of Tuesday rain events. Tuesday is golf night and there have been 4 in a row that have had rain and now this may be the second in a row to be rained out.

Same here, It looks like tonight will be cancelled like last week, If the course does not allow the carts out there is no league, I played there last night and it was almost unplayable without anymore rain

Same here, It looks like tonight will be cancelled like last week, If the course does not allow the carts out there is no league, I played there last night and it was almost unplayable without anymore rain

We are lucky in that our course basically sits on top of a gravel pit and drains very well, too well at times. Tonight is not an official league, there are 12 or so of us that get together to play on Tuesdays, we all throw $3 in and that gets split 3 ways - low gross, low net and low number of putts, then there are all the games within each foursome. Anyway, this rain is nice for regrowing grass in the areas that had to be rebuilt after Irene but we do need some sun as well.

We are lucky in that our course basically sits on top of a gravel pit and drains very well, too well at times. Tonight is not an official league, there are 12 or so of us that get together to play on Tuesdays, we all throw $3 in and that gets split 3 ways - low gross, low net and low number of putts, then there are all the games within each foursome. Anyway, this rain is nice for regrowing grass in the areas that had to be rebuilt after Irene but we do need some sun as well.

Unfortunately, Our course has a clay base, So i don't need to tell you what shape ours is in after having close to 8" this month and counting, When you are losing balls in the middle of the fairways, Its very wet

Unfortunately, Our course has a clay base, So i don't need to tell you what shape ours is in after having close to 8" this month and counting, When you are losing balls in the middle of the fairways, Its very wet

8"? Must be including the late April drenching. I know MBY has gotten less rain than points south from most events this spring, but the May total was only up to 2.49", including the 0.30" I dumped out this morning, maybe a tenth or so since. However, adding in the 3.2" during the last week of April puts the total up near 6".

8"? Must be including the late April drenching. I know MBY has gotten less rain than points south from most events this spring, but the May total was only up to 2.49", including the 0.30" I dumped out this morning, maybe a tenth or so since. However, adding in the 3.2" during the last week of April puts the total up near 6".

Yes, The last 4 weeks, Not the month of May, It has been a soaker so far here, I am 2" more then you it seems right now, Looks like after weds we see a decent stretch to dry things out

Another 0.42" in the bucket this morning from yesterday's rains. Up to 3.24" for May after finishing April at 3.44".

Very murky out there now....and of course the big question for today is how much clearing and subsequent instability will we see before the front?

Looking at some webcams, the sun is out west of the Daks but murky from the High Peaks eastward. We'll see....!

Looks like another frost advisory back home...enjoy the chilly nights guys.

Frost Advisory

Expires 8:00 AM EDT on May 18, 2012

Statement as of 4:22 am EDT on May 17, 2012

... Frost advisory in effect from midnight tonight to 8 am EDT

Friday...

The National Weather Service in Burlington has issued a frost

advisory... which is in effect from midnight tonight to 8 am EDT

Friday.

* Locations... the west slopes of the Green Mountains... north

central... and south central Vermont.

* Hazards... areas of frost.

* Temperatures... lows in the lower to mid 30s.

* Timing... areas of frost will develop after midnight and persist

until shortly after sunrise.

* Impacts... unprotected crops and other sensitive vegetation will

be damaged by the cold temperatures.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A frost advisory means that frost is expected. Sensitive outdoor plants

may be killed if left uncovered.

Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... your local media... or

go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this

weather situation.

Archived