• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Eskimo Joe

Had a classic Meet the Fockers moment last night when in the middle of class, some guy comes up and hands me his Congressional CIA agent "retired" card and questions how I got his number because his number is secret and protected. I have no clue who the guy is and never called him. At some point I probably should tell him the email I sent about registering for the class went to 1000 other folks as well but ehhh, let him enjoy his secret retirement.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even the CIA is getting involved

The more I think about it the more I am convinced he thought everyone in the class was an agent and he had been activated for a mission. During the break, he pulled me aside to mention he was directly responsible for protecting Washington Co and Frederick Co during 9-11. It was kind of awkward but I just smiled and said Wow, that's awesome.

Had a classic Meet the Fockers moment last night when in the middle of class, some guy comes up and hands me his Congressional CIA agent "retired" card and questions how I got his number because his number is secret and protected. I have no clue who the guy is and never called him. At some point I probably should tell him the email I sent about registering for the class went to 1000 other folks as well but ehhh, let him enjoy his secret retirement.

You should have told him you only know your source for that as "bethesdaboy".

Back to the topic though, would anyone be interested if we try and host one of the more advanced SKYWARN classes? Over the past three years or so its been pretty difficult to get LWX to do them because of staffing but we could probably talk them into one if there is real interest.

Depending on where and when I would be interested.

Tony, you know that isn't what happened. You were pissed when I GAVE a couple copies to a member of the NWS staff. I did mention that I sell the videos, but I never took them out of the plastic bag. I did NOT "spill them all over the table".

The issue is even really about the DVDS....it is in fact because I called you out in that meeting for making the statement that a "chaser" killed himself, which was a complete false statement. In fact the you referenced the story about a FIREFIGHTER who was killed while helping to try to get citizens in their homes. The story was still fresh in the news at the time of the class and hence I suspect you didn't bother to check your facts. That was not the first, nor the last comment you have made against chasers.

Additionally I also made it clear on occasions before hand that you (and others) have attempted to take over control of the Skywarn program. Some even making the statement that THEY run the program when it is in fact strictly a NWS program.

BTW, you are wrong (as stated before) about selling of items at County facilities. Many do it all the time and there is no prohibition for such. You are also NOT in charge of making those decisions. I also checked on that with a call to your own department more than a year ago.

I also heard from a few friends that were at the recent class that Tony was in fact well behaved. Perhaps the pressure put on him and my calling out of his character has put a stop to it. Additionally it seems that (somewhat unrelated to Tony) some of the ham radio characters of the past management of the Skywarn program has changed...and for the better. I was reminded that many of my images still make up a percentage of the slide/powerpoint presentation.

Oh and Tony....do us a favor....don't go chasing unless you pay someone to teach or take you. With zero training and a great deal of misinformation, you are likely to get yourself (and apparently your children) in a lot of danger.

Massive massive burn. Jason wins the internet for today

No, I don't win anything. More drama is more drama, even if I have to do it with facts. I know it isn't fun for many to have to read through the it. I intended to post a note to simply say the class seemed to have gone well. I only had to add the response due to Tony's posts. I have tried to keep it off-line, actually stating most of this via PM when asked by other AmWx members, but posted such publicly only as a response. I expect a response from Tony here any time now, we'll see if that requires a follow-up or not. Hopefully not. Luckily I'm not here enough nor have the desire to turn into a trixie/OEM classic battle.

Tony, you know that isn't what happened. You were pissed when I GAVE a couple copies to a member of the NWS staff. I did mention that I sell the videos, but I never took them out of the plastic bag. I did NOT "spill them all over the table".

The issue is even really about the DVDS....it is in fact because I called you out in that meeting for making the statement that a "chaser" killed himself, which was a complete false statement. In fact the you referenced the story about a FIREFIGHTER who was killed while helping to try to get citizens in their homes. The story was still fresh in the news at the time of the class and hence I suspect you didn't bother to check your facts. That was not the first, nor the last comment you have made against chasers.

Additionally I also made it clear on occasions before hand that you (and others) have attempted to take over control of the Skywarn program. Some even making the statement that THEY run the program when it is in fact strictly a NWS program.

BTW, you are wrong (as stated before) about selling of items at County facilities. Many do it all the time and there is no prohibition for such. You are also NOT in charge of making those decisions. I also checked on that with a call to your own department more than a year ago.

I also heard from a few friends that were at the recent class that Tony was in fact well behaved. Perhaps the pressure put on him and my calling out of his character has put a stop to it. Additionally it seems that (somewhat unrelated to Tony) some of the ham radio characters of the past management of the Skywarn program has changed...and for the better. I was reminded that many of my images still make up a percentage of the slide/powerpoint presentation.

Oh and Tony....do us a favor....don't go chasing unless you pay someone to teach or take you. With zero training and a great deal of misinformation, you are likely to get yourself (and apparently your children) in a lot of danger.

Whatever you need to do or say to make yourself feel better, I am fine with it man. But try selling another video in a Montgomery County SKYWARN Class and see what happens if you think I am screwing around. Man, I don't have time for your childish antics. You know, you are right, we all see the OBVIOUS flea market going on in County facilities every day. In fact, I bought a "new" bootlegged Star Wars DVD in the County Executives office just last week. LOL what a joke.

I am going to make it a point to invite you specifically to the next class to see you talk this big game there. Ill even take pics to post here as you are booted into the street. With that being said, there is really nothing left to reply too in either of those posts. In the end, I am just not here to impress you or anyone else. Have a good one.

BTW, you are wrong (as stated before) about selling of items at County facilities. Many do it all the time and there is no prohibition for such. You are also NOT in charge of making those decisions. I also checked on that with a call to your own department more than a year ago

Actually it is my call, I wrote the regulation for this building. LOL

Now just for what entertainment it may offer the crowd here, lets cover some official info and not some vague phone call allegation where you probably discussed this with a janitor who just so happened to be vacuuming by the desk. We have a ton of facilities for public meetings but the ones used most often for example are Libraries.

Here is the quote:

• Forms of literature unacceptable or unsuitable for library distribution or posting include:
    • Items advertising or promoting business or commercial entities.
      advertisements of businesses, products or services.
    • Direct requests for contributions not associated with an event (including non-profit or charitable institutions).
    • Information about any event or activity not open to the public.
    • Personal notices and handouts and personal advertisements of articles for sale.
    • Job postings and requests for study participants for medical or other research.
    • Non-profit organization newsletters and meeting minutes.

Here is the link: http://www.montgomer...ndoutpolicy.asp

Including the note about staff determining whats appropriate.

Then again, all of this assumes you applied for the appropriate vendor permit to sell anything anyway. Cause we all know you wouldn't dare sell anything without the appropriate permits right? I mean the fines for that are huge. If not, here is the link and fees associated and ill tell them to give you a call if you wish.

http://permittingser...dorLicense.aspx

Hope we are clear, Mkayyy good.

Getting back to the SKYWARN talk; I'm glad that members such as Mrs. J were able to join the ranks and I hope to see another set of classes come up in the fall! I'm working on getting another Basics I & the Winter Storms class going during the September / October timeframe.

Getting back to the SKYWARN talk; I'm glad that members such as Mrs. J were able to join the ranks and I hope to see another set of classes come up in the fall! I'm working on getting another Basics I & the Winter Storms class going during the September / October timeframe.

Matt, any thoughts on a tropical class? I see one is scheduled its just not us.

Matt, any thoughts on a tropical class? I see one is scheduled its just not us.

I was debating the tropical versus flooding class. Historically any tropical storm will be transitioning to more of a flood threat in this part of the US, so I am leaning towards flooding right now. The number of dams in Carroll (12) also reinforces my preference of the flood class.

I would be interested in a more advanced class and a winter one as long as the time worked for me.

Right now I'm thinking Basics I in September and Winter Storms in October. Then next spring Advanced and Flooding...hopefully this pans out in this fashion.

Then again, all of this assumes you applied for the appropriate vendor permit to sell anything anyway. Cause we all know you wouldn't dare sell anything without the appropriate permits right? I mean the fines for that are huge. If not, here is the link and fees associated and ill tell them to give you a call if you wish.

http://permittingser...dorLicense.aspx

Did he just state that he sells the videos or did he actually attempt to solicit orders? If it's just the former, a permit doesn't seem necessary.

An update on the CIA retired guy. Just got a vague and odd voicemail from him stating that he cannot complete the mission and is dropping out of the program. Uhhhh, so strange.

You should call him back and tell him that he can't back out now. Then, in a hushed voice, tell him that the real reason you contacted him was because of his incredible work in keeping Washington and Frederick counties from being attacked on 9/11, and that the others at the training were just brought in as decoys so the enemy wouldn't know that he's the actual agent. Then, tell him that the mission has become even more critical over the past few days because the enemy has redoubled its efforts to... And then yell "What the..." and disconnect the phone.

You should call him back and tell him that he can't back out now. Then, in a hushed voice, tell him that the real reason you contacted him was because of his incredible work in keeping Washington and Frederick counties from being attacked on 9/11, and that the others at the training were just brought in as decoys so the enemy wouldn't know that he's the actual agent. Then, tell him that the mission has become even more critical over the past few days because the enemy has redoubled its efforts to... And then yell "What the..." and disconnect the phone.

; the country is counting on him to .

LOL, my office seems to attract the crazy people. Had another lady a few months ago who would call 5 times a day to report that the Bush Administration was watching her and that the little circles in her Dolby speakers were in fact cameras. She even said she was being harassed and they had nude photos of her and were guilty of character defamation because they were spreading rumors that she smelled bad. She would leave a voicemail and after 5 mins, the voicemail would cut her off, and then she would call back and start at the beginning again where the Bush Administration was watching her. Looking back, I should give this new guy her number. That would have been a blast to listen too.

Any idea when the next session will be in No Va? I read that they only have the Skywarn sessions at NWS in Sterling during

an Open House.

I can ask there emergency manager if ya want to see if they have something planned. I see the guy pretty often, he just took over as the chairman of the regional emergency management "G6" from my boss.

Archived