SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb. 19th 2012 Winter Storm Obs./Disc.

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! I'm up to 1 1/2 and it is pouring. If you want to see an unusual wx phenom. look at the radar. I'm in a narrow band, maybe 10 to 15 miles wide that stretches back to La Grange..so maybe 50 miles long. It is near the exact track of the April killer tornado, and two warned cells in the months since. Pretty much the exact track. Wonder what is occuring to mark that trail so very well on radar. Tony

rainband.jpg

Wow! I'm up to 1 1/2 and it is pouring. If you want to see an unusual wx phenom. look at the radar. I'm in a narrow band, maybe 10 to 15 miles wide that stretches back to La Grange..so maybe 50 miles long. It is near the exact track of the April killer tornado, and two warned cells in the months since. Pretty much the exact track. Wonder what is occuring to mark that trail so very well on radar. Tony

It's been a soft rain here for the last 3 hours here...we've had maybe 1/10". That radar is amazing! Glad you're getting rain Tony!

Nice Tony! I'm really happy you got the rains to fall in you back yard. I checked my gauge a couple hours ago and had a piddly .19" in there. I'm hoping for more later tonight and tomorrow but I doubt my outer cylinder gets it's first workout with this one.

It's been a soft rain here for the last 3 hours here...we've had maybe 1/10". That radar is amazing! Glad you're getting rain Tony!

Thanks, darlin' :) One of the best one day storms in a long, long time! Yep, I double checked the loop on the radar, and it was from La Grange to Brooks, where all three warnings came in, and to Sunny Side, a little over a mile above me. The exact track of the tornado. I don't know what about the lay of the land is making that path but I hope it gets erased soon, lol. Tony

Nice Tony! I'm really happy you got the rains to fall in you back yard. I checked my gauge a couple hours ago and had a piddly .19" in there. I'm hoping for more later tonight and tomorrow but I doubt my outer cylinder gets it's first workout with this one.

Hope you get enough to break in that gauge of yours tomorrow. I wouldn't count Mayretta out for some back end flurries either, if the storm keeps coming south, and the cold air with it. If they find N.Ga. you can be sure Mayretta will be near the top of the list :) T

Ill add this post to this thread, everyone needs to realize the temperatures will drop quickly now. Dry, cold advection has commenced in the lower levels. Once precip becomes more widespread it will help lower the temps even more. And by dry, cold advection, thats only in the lowest levels.

Archived