• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
1/27/12 SWFE Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Well there is a system progged to move up the coast for Friday. It looks like mostly a southern stream s/w. There are still timing differences with this. The GFS/GGEM combo look warm for most while the Euro offers up a wintrier solution. Given the timeframe, I'd probably lean towards the Euro on the thermal profile.

Link to where Tip started the overnight discussion last night in the other thread if you want to catch up on the overnight model runs.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm confused... how does this torch on the NAM look wintry at all?

I honestly haven't been watching the models at all ... an I just saw 06z Nam and its a snowpack killer with mosquitos flying around the puddles after word...

Can anyone shed a light on this one for me?

I honestly haven't been watching the models at all ... an I just saw 06z Nam and its a snowpack killer with mosquitos flying around the puddles after word...

lol

Wow. And how the once ever-so-faithful have given up hope. Even the once snow hungry snowNH has been taken under the spell of the torch winter of 2011/12.

Such a sad turn of events.

lol

Wow. And how the once ever-so-faithful have given up hope. Even the once snow hungry snowNH has been taken under the spell of the torch winter of 2011/12.

Such a sad turn of events.

I just find this board extremely difficult to follow at times. It seems like this year, more than ever, we have like 10 different threads going on at once with people posting about the same storm in each of them...

Its tough to look at models at work and

Then I'm relying on peoples posts about this storm and some.are saying its a NNE event and then Kevin saying its wintry precip to CT.. which one the hell is it?

What models give wintry down to CT? I'm just confused cause I see nothing but rain at a quick glance from now u til next week..

Sorry but no it's not..The Euro will win again. And I don't know if you've ever gotten a forecast right

lol easy there killer. if it breaks wrong it could be a torch up here, in which case you're probably not going to have much better luck in CT.

Right now I'm hedging for a snow to mixed event up here.

I just find this board extremely difficult to follow at times. It seems like this year, more than ever, we have like 10 different threads going on at once with people posting about the same storm in each of them...

Its tough to look at models at work and

Then I'm relying on peoples posts about this storm and some.are saying its a NNE event and then Kevin saying its wintry precip to CT.. which one the hell is it?

What models give wintry down to CT? I'm just confused cause I see nothing but rain at a quick glance from now u til next week..

Considering the posters, do you really have to ask? Its very easy to figure out given the different agenda's each poster seems to have. Does it surprise you that Etaunton said CNE/NNE and CT Blizz said otherwise?

While most likely a very cold rain south of the pike..many in SNE are going to see snow/ice

Haha I honestly haven't seen enough to make an opinion on that. RSM is an awful model and I was just using that to get a response out of you. I expected something better out of you! Like, screw north of the Pike this is snow all the way to Libations ;)

I do think this may start trending southward enough so that we are just on the NW fringe of any meaningful precipitation. Things have been going colder over the past two weeks than they look 3 days out.

12z Nam would be a mix to rain here but out at 84hrs, Take it for what its worth..

I don't know man... SWFE climo... I think you get more wintery and then right at the tail end flip to something more wet. I take that NAM run as at least a couple inches snow/sleet for you before some light rain. I think that's a net gain for you and Jayhawk.

The storm is far away. I don't know why anyone in their right mind is making calls, because it just proves they are full of it.

Climo is something like burst of heavy snow to mix for interior sne, snow if its a colder swfe or even mix to rain for CP sne if its a warm swfe. NNE is usually buried with jackpots of just short of a foot with the most snow the further NE you go.

Right off the bat anyone on the CP should be somewhat negative on this storm climo imho.

I don't know man... SWFE climo... I think you get more wintery and then right at the tail end flip to something more wet. I take that NAM run as at least a couple inches snow/sleet for you before some light rain. I think that's a net gain for you and Jayhawk.

Yeah, SWFE can be very rewarding here as seen last week, The euro's thermo profile was better for here, Have not looked at very much model output the last 2 days as been extremely busy here at work so just getting into some of it now, But looks like the next 10 days has some chances anyways, I see net gains possible

Haha I honestly haven't seen enough to make an opinion on that. RSM is an awful model and I was just using that to get a response out of you. I expected something better out of you! Like, screw north of the Pike this is snow all the way to Libations ;)

I do think this may start trending southward enough so that we are just on the NW fringe of any meaningful precipitation. Things have been going colder over the past two weeks than they look 3 days out.

What the heck is the RSM? New one for me.

Archived