Posted Image

Photo

Medium Range Thread

677 replies to this topic

am19psu

• Bendy Tree Season

• 7,496 posts
  • Joined November 11, 2010

The s/w that eventually spins up the Gulf Low is in Southern California right now.

Harbourton

• Harbourton

• 980 posts
  • Joined November 25, 2010

The s/w that eventually spins up the Gulf Low is in Southern California right now.

Thanks, I like to follow the sat. pics.

phlwx

• 9,098 posts
  • Joined November 12, 2010

oooo a bl issue coastal at hr 177 on the GFS last night.

The more impressive feature on the models last night was that deep low in the Northern Plains at hr 216+ on the Euro from last night. That looks fun to drive in a semi through.

Rainshadow

• Phase 6 Is For Lovers

• 3,447 posts

oooo a bl issue coastal at hr 177 on the GFS last night.

The more impressive feature on the models last night was that deep low in the Northern Plains at hr 216+ on the Euro from last night. That looks fun to drive in a semi through.

We have had so many issues this winter that our issues have had issues.

Today's 12z gfs run sure looks like that its in mode conflict with the mjo and teleconnection indices.

phlwx

• 9,098 posts

Could hit 60-65 on Friday ahead of the front...pretty potent storm that will blow into Canada. Might be a changeover to snow north/west of I-80 and I-81 post-storm.

LMolineuxLM1

• Philly Storm Nut. Skywarn Spotter Mt Holly NWS. Go Flyers and Ph

• 1,979 posts

Could hit 60-65 on Friday ahead of the front...pretty potent storm that will blow into Canada. Might be a changeover to snow north/west of I-80 and I-81 post-storm.

Eventually we might get a line of thunderstorms to be filmed. I am looking forward to the thunderstorms this year.

phlwx

• 9,098 posts

Eventually we might get a line of thunderstorms to be filmed. I am looking forward to the thunderstorms this year.

You have a bit of a chance on Friday...reality probably shapes up to be a thunderless squall line but there could be some thunder ahead of the front depending on how warm we get and how the dynamics are.

Grothar

• 852 posts

You have a bit of a chance on Friday...reality probably shapes up to be a thunderless squall line but there could be some thunder ahead of the front depending on how warm we get and how the dynamics are.

This is the best post so far in Feb. Cannot wait for the thunderstorm too. Hard to believe I am so anxious but I believe it is because we just have not had any storm event- dry too

famartin

• 10,839 posts

GEM has a little wave of low pressure bringing some snow early next week... of course the GFS and EC both show you guys in the warm sector as a low passes to the north.

Feb

• 4,417 posts

GEM has a little wave of low pressure bringing some snow early next week... of course the GFS and EC both show you guys in the warm sector as a low passes to the north.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/ECMWF0.5_0z/ecmwfloop.html

Euro also has a nice Bermuda High setting up Day 10. Might be Adam's triple digit highs to start of March with. :sizzle:

phlwx

• 9,098 posts

GFS MOS says 65 is possible on Friday. :devilsmiley:

famartin

• 10,839 posts

GFS MOS says 65 is possible on Friday. :devilsmiley:

Hell, if MOS says 65 then maybe 70 is possible <cue Adam's blow torch>

Feb

• 4,417 posts

Hell, if MOS says 65 then maybe 70 is possible <cue Adam's blow torch>

I'm punting the rest of this winter. I'm looking forward to a nice spring. A very quiet, boring tropical season with nothing to track. High heat and unbearable humidity for summer. A fall that is just a continuation of summer and a third year nina. :axe:

dryslotted

• Audaces fortuna iuvat

• 3,343 posts

I'm punting the rest of this winter. I'm looking forward to a nice spring. A very quiet, boring tropical season with nothing to track. High heat and unbearable humidity for summer. A fall that is just a continuation of summer and a third year nina. :axe:

<laughs nervously> now you're just trying to scare me...Seriously though, are you reading/hearing/looking at anything that speaks to a brutal summer? I kind of thought that we might be setting up for a blah, mild summer. (sorry for the long range post)...

phlwx

• 9,098 posts

MOS of 65 on Thursday...850's near 10 C with SW flow.....tooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh city,

LMolineuxLM1

• Philly Storm Nut. Skywarn Spotter Mt Holly NWS. Go Flyers and Ph

• 1,979 posts

MOS of 65 on Thursday...850's near 10 C with SW flow.....tooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh city,

Looks like thunderstorms also?

Rainshadow

• Phase 6 Is For Lovers

• 3,447 posts

We really could reach the 70s, wouldn't need to be violating the laws of physics to get there.

fsu_wxgirl

• 332 posts
  • Joined January 28, 2011

I'm not seeing much in the way of thunderstorms...there is very little CAPE and the Lifted Index doesn't really indicate thunderstorms either.

Looks like thunderstorms also?

phlwx

• 9,098 posts

We really could reach the 70s, wouldn't need to be violating the laws of physics to get there.

wouldn't surprise me if Hammonton, Millville, Pottstown...the torchy spots around the region...did it. Gotta think the river screws PHL unless the trajectory is more west than southwest.

CoastalWx

• 69,213 posts

An actual storm going west of us! This may be the first strong storm going west of us since December.

am19psu

• Bendy Tree Season

• 7,496 posts

An actual storm going west of us! This may be the first strong storm going west of us since December.

Pfffft, didn't you see TNE's thread? It's going to be an East Coast bomb.

GD0815

• 914 posts
  • Joined November 13, 2010

who /what is TNE?

phlwx

• 9,098 posts

who /what is TNE?

http://www.americanw...torm-potential/

enjoy!

(PS -- Euro next week brings +12 850's N ahead of another lakes cutter)

am19psu

• Bendy Tree Season

• 7,496 posts

http://www.americanw...torm-potential/

enjoy!

(PS -- Euro next week brings +12 850's N ahead of another lakes cutter)

Moves a sub-980 low towards Buffalo. Winds should be fun on the backside if that verifies.

Grothar

• 852 posts

I'm not seeing much in the way of thunderstorms...there is very little CAPE and the Lifted Index doesn't really indicate thunderstorms either.

Excellent point but we wishful think like the last storm coming north

Rainshadow

• Phase 6 Is For Lovers

• 3,447 posts

who /what is TNE?

This person has had a long and established posting career telling meteorologists (lately our own HM) that they don't know much.

CoastalWx

• 69,213 posts

LOL, I think he's done stuff like that on eastern before.

Anyways, those west winds on the euro would be fun, if that happened.

MGorse

• 1,525 posts

This person has had a long and established posting career telling meteorologists (lately our own HM) that they don't know much.

I wonder if he has ever told JB that as well.

tombo82685

• 12,608 posts

I wonder if he has ever told JB that as well.

with the way how hes going maybe he should listen to TNE

Quakertown needs snow

• Powder Day, Fernie B.C. 2007

• 8,918 posts

Moves a sub-980 low towards Buffalo. Winds should be fun on the backside if that verifies.

wind chills in 50's?

Parsley

• 8,871 posts

wouldn't surprise me if Hammonton, Millville, Pottstown...the torchy spots around the region...did it. Gotta think the river screws PHL unless the trajectory is more west than southwest.

Yeah, just saw the Euro.....two nice warm shots. Friday should be interesting depending on cloud cover/precip. in the area. That could be one toasty day.

tombo82685

• 12,608 posts

Yeah, just saw the Euro.....two nice warm shots. Friday should be interesting depending on cloud cover/precip. in the area. That could be one toasty day.

i would think thursday would have the better shot. Per euro, looks like rain comes in in the morning. Granted fri might be warmer, but thursday may be the better day with temps in the 60s

Parsley

• 8,871 posts

i would think thursday would have the better shot. Per euro, looks like rain comes in in the morning. Granted fri might be warmer, but thursday may be the better day with temps in the 60s

Yeah, timing may lean toward Thursday (as both 12z GFS and Euro show). Either way I'm not going complain.

In general I'm just liking the 2 warm shots it advertises before and after the weekend.

famartin

• 10,839 posts

IIRC, TNE stands for The New Era... lol

Chris L

• 2,368 posts
  • Joined November 16, 2010

who /what is TNE?

TNE is: :facepalm:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users