• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Next week's storm, Changes, Snow threats beyond (Part 2)

OKpowdah

Appreciate that ray...too many friends over too many years...back to the weather. I will b in Boston Thurs eve Fri so I am hoping extra hard

I have a family member with that affliction....just to illustrate how little a level of consciousness with which I was operating when making that post.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We shall see if its stays put, Any shifts NW or SE would have ramifiactions especially along the coast and the far NW

When models are over the place, usually the extremes are just that, so it's not too surprising..hence we all were waiting for the euro. For those that are borderline, I'd wait through 00z to see if it moves nw or se. If any one of those things I mentioned earlier are altered, it will have an effect.

Pretty much my thoughts in response to Matt, Know better then to spike the ball this far out, Verbatium it was great run, 0z should be more telling if it holds serve or shifts

Give it up Steve. Move on to the event later next week. This one is over

Reasons?, I will take a Euro, GFS ENS look then decide, I am not expecting anything but it is definely not as warm as you are saying. This is not over, give up if you want but right now as depicted it's very close for you.

Reasons?, I will take a Euro, GFS ENS look then decide, I am not expecting anything but it is definely not as warm as you are saying. This is not over, give up if you want but right now as depicted it's very close for you.

Experience...in these situations they always trend warmer and shift west the last 48 hours. Only way I will think it's anything more than all rain is if the Euro ens are colder than the op. last night they were warmer so you knew the op Euro today was going to come in warmer..esp after the Ukie did

If it happens, interesting. If it doesn’t, disk golf or whatever other fun stuff to focus on…

That said, not sure – the GFS has off and on suggested big aggregates snow balls as far south as Keene, NH over the last 3 days of runs believe it or not. I was talking with Mark up in Maine about this 3 nights ago. Just not into Mass. Tight gradient there. We’ve been playing with fire having these polar highs transiting through Ontario over a snow pack as of late, and NOT having the consequence of cold wedging in from the N … it’s probable that one of those highs will knife in and get us, anyway. There’s also a bit more 700mb confluent structure to the flow over western/central Ontario (prior to the event) compared to previous Euro runs, and that allows for sinking motion and subsequently strong surface ridging … so it’s not like it’s generating more influence from the north out of nothing.

I saw the 06z GFS and it echoes those observation for the week ender event.

I’m not going to buy into that cave-man superstition that it can’t snow because everyone wants it to so much, nor the strikingly hollow argument that since it snowed in October, 1979, and didn’t the rest of that year, the same woe-is-me-ism must be true now – there is 0, nadda, zilch, none, no logic or scientific reasoning that enforces such an absurd conclusion. Any similarity pure and utter coincidence.

The AO dropped some 3 total Standard Deviations over the past 2 weeks. Though it is arguably neutral at this time, that bears less importance to me. The bigger clue is the differential – that pesky loss of 3 SD values. Low and behold, Canada is several scaled back in temperatures, and we are now getting models to trend for more cold bleed into 40 N. Granted, the NAO being positive would tend to argue for more of a NW track, so I am not completely sold on a cold solution just the same. That said, the incidence of confluence at key levels can have a more local scale influence that merely means it is anomalous relative to the NAO – that’s …entirely possible, too. I give it about a 50/50 shot right now when reconciling these teleconnector observations.

But that 50/50 is up, so therein is a trend -

If it happens, interesting. If it doesn’t, disk golf or whatever other fun stuff to focus on…

That said, not sure – the GFS has off and on suggested big aggregates snow balls as far south as Keene, NH over the last 3 days of runs believe it or not. I was talking with Mark up in Maine about this 3 nights ago. Just not into Mass. Tight gradient there. We’ve been playing with fire having these polar highs transiting through Ontario over a snow pack as of late, and NOT having the consequence of cold wedging in from the N … it’s probable that one of those highs will knife in and get us, anyway. There’s also a bit more 700mb confluent structure to the flow over western/central Ontario (prior to the event) compared to previous Euro runs, and that allows for sinking motion and subsequently strong surface ridging … so it’s not like it’s generating more influence from the north out of nothing.

I saw the 06z GFS and it echoes those observation for the week ender event.

I’m not going to buy into that cave-man superstition that it can’t snow because everyone wants it to so much, nor the strikingly hollow argument that since it snowed in October, 1979, and didn’t the rest of that year, the same woe-is-me-ism must be true now – there is 0, nadda, zilch, none, no logic or scientific reasoning that enforces such an absurd conclusion. Any similarity pure and utter coincidence.

The AO dropped some 3 total Standard Deviations over the past 2 weeks. Though it is arguably neutral at this time, that bears less importance to me. The bigger clue is the differential – that pesky loss of 3 SD values. Low and behold, Canada is several scaled back in temperatures, and we are now getting models to trend for more cold bleed into 40 N. Granted, the NAO being positive would tend to argue for more of a NW track, so I am not completely sold on a cold solution just the same. That said, the incidence of confluence at key levels can have a more local scale influence that merely means it is anomalous relative to the NAO – that’s …entirely possible, too. I give it about a 50/50 shot right now when reconciling these teleconnector observations.

But that 50/50 is up, so therein is a trend -

Man , you really really need some snow

Archived