• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Next week's storm, Changes, Snow threats beyond (Part 2)

OKpowdah

:axe::underthewx:

Yeah no kidding. Rain all the way into northern VT...probably some front end garbage mix to rain for just about everyone in NNE. Awful. I'm at 1100' and it'll flip to rain guaranteed, but some places above 2500' may stay all frozen, but 850 will be close to or above freezing, so its garbage. Better than 50F and rain I suppose lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's awful. I am was my Aunt's place in Allegany County, NY @ 2300' and there was green grass with hints of a bit of nascent growth (like you'd see around mid April) in the fields. A few patches of rapidly melting soggy remnants of the LES they had earlier last week. I checked myself for ticks afterward because you can't feel safe that they are all dead even in January.

If it's above 40 you should always check for ticks.

At least the long range is starting to look interesting.

Maybe there will finally be a decent March too.

Thank you. Weenie wet dream for NNE....way too much southerly flow for NW MASS to start as appreciable snow...closed surface low does go over LI then it spreads out over SNE

I wish that version would verify, save the ski areas... 0C line looks like it is saying "fook you" to SNE, lol

At least the euro says it to everyone

Upper level flow is fairly zonal, separating a cold airmass to the north from a warm airmass to the south over a short distance ... definition of a gradient. The orientation doesn't matter ... it's still a gradient pattern. There doesn't have to be a SE ridge present.

What is a non-gradient pattern though? Isn't there always a gradient somewhere? Everyone has been talking about gradient pattern since October but isn't every pattern technically gradient? It just depends on where it sets up. Someone gets snow and south of there gets mix or rain, way north stays cold and dry. There's always a gradient where ever the jet is located, no?

Archived