Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:33 PM
Day 0 is today as we pack the car (Jason's Subaru Legacy) and head out from MD to the Southeast to play the frontal boundary in the AR/MS/LA area tomorrow afternoon and evening. After that it looks like we'll have a bit of a break where we have a few plans of things to do in the Plains states.
We will be out there until at least the 13th when it will be time to head back home. There is the potential to stay a bit longer, but the current plan it to be back in MD on the 15th.
Webcam with audio while we're streaming live: http://www.weatherwarrior.net/TV.html
Ian's blog: http://www.ianlivingston.com/
My blog, with daily updates following our Chasecation: http://madusweather.com/
Jason's blog: http://www.weatherwarrior.net/blog/
Ian - http://twitter.com/islivingston
Mark - http://twitter.com/maduswx
Jason - http://twitter.com/WeatherWarrior1
I post some updates here as we go along... not sure what Ian and Jason plan on doing while we're out there.
Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:22 PM
And Jason!!!!!!! Weather Warrior Media!!!! http://www.youtube.c...erwarriordotnet
I love your snowmageddon coverage in Washington DC around the National Cathedral!!! I was blasting Chicago's I've been searching so long and watching your snowmageddon coverage at 1080 i and had a major snowgasm!!! WOW man just keep up the good work!!!
Posted 1 May 2011 - 09:07 AM
Maybe somewhere near Mineola, between the interstates. If the cell maintains.
If anyone is awake. But I'd be in a hotel around SHV and getting an early start on the day.
Posted 1 May 2011 - 02:43 PM
SW of Little Rock would be my hunch. Good Luck.
The relatively less forested terrain of Western Lafayette County in Arkansas would be my bet. The 17Z SHV sounding seemed to have helicity and instability.
US 82 runs a long ways, but forests and restricted visibility would seem to cut down on chaseable terrain.
East-West isn't too bad NE Texas/Arkansas, with 82, I-20 and I-30, but the North-South roads, not so good, at least the ones I've been on, like US 59, a lot of towns and traffic lights.
Posted 2 May 2011 - 12:00 AM
Posted 2 May 2011 - 12:24 PM
Posted 2 May 2011 - 03:38 PM
THURSDAY WILL BE COOLER BEHIND THE FRONT BUT ANOTHER SYSTEM IS
FORECAST TO MOVE INTO THE NORTHERN PLAINS BY FRIDAY. WINDS WILL
QUICKLY TURN BACK TO SOUTHERLY IN ADVANCE OF THIS SYSTEM WITH SOME
CONVECTIVE POTENTIAL ALONG THE INCOMING COLD FRONT BY LATE FRIDAY
INTO FRIDAY NIGHT. THE BEST CHANCES APPEAR TO BE OVER THE
SOUTHEASTERN FORECAST AREA WITH THIS SYSTEM GIVEN CLOSER PROXIMITY
TO DECENT LOW LEVEL MOISTURE. GFS IS ON THE AGGRESSIVE SIDE WITH
QPF AND WOULD BE CAUTIOUS USING THAT SOLUTION AT THE PRESENT TIME.
THE FORECAST FOR SATURDAY AND BEYOND HAS SOME SUBSTANTIAL
QUESTIONS INVOLVING EVEN THE GENERAL UPPER LEVEL FLOW PATTERN.
MODEL GUIDANCE SUGGESTS SOME PRECIPITATION POTENTIAL DURING THE
WEEKEND BUT CONFIDENCE IN TIMING AND STRENGTH OF A WEEKEND STORM
SYSTEM IS LOW AT BEST. AT THIS TIME...HAVE GONE WITH A MAINLY DRY
FORECAST DUE TO THIS LACK OF CONFIDENCE IN THE GUIDANCE. EXPECT
THE DETAILS TO BECOME MORE APPARENT OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.
THERE IS SOME AGREEMENT IN A WARMING TREND BY EARLY NEXT WEEK IN
ADVANCE OF A POTENTIALLY MORE SIGNIFICANT UPPER LEVEL TROUGH.
Which one is Ian?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users